How to sync Outlook with Nexus?
Nexus is a smartphone running on Google’s Android operating system. Due to this, Android could automatically link the contacts, calendar and email features into the Gmail and Calendar applications. But, in case you want to sync your Nexus with Microsoft’s Outlook email and calendar application, then you will need to run a separate application to connect the two systems. In order to achieve this, Google provides an app called Google Apps Sync tool for its users.
You can install Google App Sync tool on the computer that is running Microsoft Outlook, the Outlook information will be uploaded to the Google servers and then you can just download the data on Nexus from the Google servers.
Below is the complete procedure involved in syncing the Google Nexus with Microsoft’s Outlook items. Just read on:
- First download the Google Apps Sync tool from Tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync and then install the app on your computer
- Then, run the program and enter your Google Apps Account username and password when prompted
- Check the box that is next to “Remember Me” and then click Continue
- Select the “Import Data from an Existing Profile” by checking the next to that option then choose your or needed profile from the drop-down menu
- Now, select all the items that you want to import by checking all the boxes next to the corresponding items needed
- Click “Create Profile” to make a new Outlook profile for your Google Apps account and wait until the migration to complete
- From the “Google Apps Sync” button just click “Start Outlook” option
- Choose your Google Apps account from the drop-down list, and then click “OK” after which your Outlook information will start syncing to your Google servers immediately. This would take several minutes for the sync to complete.
- Then open your Nexus phone, press the home button and then the button with the list icon
- Press “Settings” and then tap “Accounts and Sync” option
- Under the “Manage Accounts” select the Google account and choose you want to sync from your Google Account to your Nexus phone by checking their corresponding boxes
- After that just press the back button three times to return to the home screen. It would take several minutes to sync all of your data.
Thus with the above explained steps you could easily sync your Outlook items with Nexus. The process would take several minutes just wait for it. Do not interrupt the sync process as it would cause severe Outlook data loss issues. However, in cases of abrupt system shut down or instant power outages, the sync process might be interrupted leading to loss of vital Outlook data. But, you can make use of the Remo Repair Outlook (PST) tool, to restore back all your lost Outlook items in just few minutes. The tool can even fix the Outlook data file in case it is corrupt during the sync process. Moreover, this application also comes handy for user to recover Outlook profile on all versions of Outlook application. Know more about it by visiting given link.