How do I backup emails and contacts from my Outlook to laptop without losing any of my data?
Nowadays almost every corporate industry prefer to use Outlook as their email client as it stores emails, contacts, calendar events, tasks and almost every personal or business related details and provides a effective means for internal communication. However, you might have certain emails and contacts, which are so important that you can’t afford to lose. Hence you start thinking to backup those mails and contacts from Outlook PST file. But, what is the way out? Is that so easy to backup Outlook emails and contacts without any loss? If you are the one worried about these queries then just go through this page to find the most simple and convenient method...
Normally, there are two methods to backup emails and contacts from Outlook; the first one is through manual steps and second method is by opting third party utility. First, let us concentrate on manual techniques are as follows:
- Go to your Outlook folder in Windows Explorer
- List all the files ending with .pst and one more thing ensure your selection includes archive.pst and Outlook.pst
- Just in case, if your Windows Explorer configuration fails to show file extensions of known format then look on MS Office Outlook personal folder
- Select Copy | Edit from the main menu to copy selected files
- Next select the destination location where you desire to put your backup copies in Windows Explorer
- Generally, this will be on another system \ laptop or other removable storage device
- Now paste your .pst file to backup location.
For every individual it is quite risky process to backup emails and contacts from Outlook by performing these manual steps because even a single wrong move can lead to huge amount of data loss or at times results in Outlook crash. So, according to computer experts’ suggestion the simplest way to backup emails and contacts from Outlook is by utilizing Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate software. By making use of this application you can easily restore Outlook backup on different versions (Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, etc) utmost ease.
Remo Outlook Backup and Migrate Software Stunning Features:
- The software facilitates you to backup any number of Outlook profiles
- Supports backup of all Outlook attributes like emails, contacts and other important settings
- You can set password to the backed up profile to restrict unauthorized access
- Comes with backup scheduler that helps you to take backup regularly
- Backup files could be easily compressed to make some extra free space on storage media
- You can split backup files, as sometimes the storage device that you selected runs out of space
- Allows you to restore Outlook file when your Outlook profile gets corrupt,using its Restore option
- Before backing-up, application will create four restoration points that can be used to restore Outlook profile to previous stage
- The tool also helps to transfer Outlook emails from one computer to another
- This application is compatible enough to support latest Windows OS like Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP
Guidelines to Backup Outlook Emails and Contacts Using Remo Software:
- Download and install Remo Backup and Migrate software on your Windows system
- Next launch the application, you will get main screen with three options “Backup”, “Restore” and“ Migrate”; choose the “Backup” option
- Then, if you do not have an existing backup profile then use “Create New Backup Profile” option or use the existing one
- Browse the location of files and configure the appropriate settings like compressing, password settings and splitting the backup file etc.
- Then press “Next”, after the process is done,once you receive a confirmation message, click “OK” to view the backup files
Click on link to know how to copy Outlook 2010 to new computer in simple steps without loosing any of your data....