I am getting ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed’ error after making the repaired PST file as default PST file on Outlook, how to fix it?
In some cases, Outlook may not be able to recognize or access the repaired or copied over PST files. Follow the simple steps to resolve the issue:
- Open Outlook “Account Settings” and at the “E-mail” tab, select the account gives ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed’ error and click Change Folder.
- Click on New Outlook Data File.
- Provide a name for the new PST file (e.g. Test) and press OK. Then expand the newly created PST file (i.e. Test) and select the “Inbox” subfolder and choose OK.
- After that at Account Settings window, click “Change Folder” again for the same email account.
- Now, select the original PST file (the PST file which was set before creating Test PST file) and select Inbox folder and choose OK.
- Close “Account Settings” and click “Send/Receive”.
Watch this Video Tutorial
for step by step instructions. This should resolve the issue related to “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” error. In case, the issue still persists then contact our Support www.remosoftware.com/support