Find and recover missing partitions in Mac using Remo Recover's powerful scanning techniques. Use it on your MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini or any Mac device. Check out the free trial today!
Reasons for missing partitions in Mac
A partition table holds details such as size and addresses of all partitions ('C:', 'D:') on your hard drive. Even a minor corruption in this table can make the whole drive inaccessible and result in missing partitions.
While partition table corruption is the most common reason for missing partition in Mac, there are also other reasons such as
Remo Recover Mac to recover missing partitions
Remo Recover is an effective and safe partition recovery software for all Mac laptops and desktops on all versions of Mac OS X like Sierra, Yosemite, El Capitan, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard etc.
It can perform partition recovery in a wide variety of cases. Meaning it works when partitions have gone missing due to errors in resizing or other disk management operations, due to bad sectors, due to third party software or due to any other reason.
Basically, how Remo Recover works is it scans your Mac hard drive sector by sector and finds all the partitions in it. Then the selected partition is scanned by the software and all files in it are recovered. Recovery of all types of files like photos, videos, music, Word and Excel files, PDF's, notes etc. is possible using Remo Recover.
Below are some important features offered by Remo Recover.
Why timing matters while finding missing partitions?
Usually when a partition is missing or lost, the system removes that partition's address from the table and marks that space as 'free'. Now, if you use your system or write new data, chances of it being written into that free space and overwriting old data are more.
Once overwritten, chances of recovering the old data is very thin. In essence, the more you use your system after a partition loss, the lesser the chances of recovering data from it. Hence, it is recommended that you recover data as soon as possible using an efficient tool like Remo Recover.
1. Download and install Remo Recover on your Mac systems. Then run the software to open the main screen.
4. Next, select Standard Scan for Remo to start scanning the drive
5. After Remo Recover scans the selected partition, all the files found in the partition will be displayed. From this list, select the files you want to recover and preview them as required
6. Click Save to save the recovered partition files
You can also watch the video tutorial to find how to find and recover missing partitions in Mac.
How to repair the drive after finding missing partitions and recovering data?
After you have found missing partitions and recovered them, it is now time to re-partition the drive and format it as to prepare it for next use. This can be done using a built-in tool called Disk Utility in Mac.
1. To access Disk Utility on a Mac, go to Finder and select Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility
2. You will find a list of devices, select your hard drive and click Erase
3. Make sure you select the following choices: Format – Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme – GUID Partition Map and assign a new name
4. Click the Erase button to format the drive
5. Once the process completes, the drive will be formatted and repartitioned
Why Choose Remo?