Adobe Photoshop is one of the leading photo- editing software in the market today. This tool has been introduced and published by Adobe Systems. If you are the type of person who has to handle graphics, or photos, such as a web designer, poster creator, promoting, desktop publishing, and other graphic work, then this is the ideal software for you. With its powerful features, you can have unlimited possibilities in image editing which makes it standout among all other graphic tool in the market. It has all the necessary features that can be used to enhance and alter images.
Features of Adobe Photoshop
- Selection - This one of the basic yet powerful feature of Adobe Photoshop. You May choose only part of an image wherein you want changes. This method can be carried out with the use of the tools such as marquee tool, lasso, and pen tools
Layers - It is a set of different stacked elements that include different parts of a picture. Layering lets you work on different parts of an image and put them together for a dramatic finish
- Cropping - Cropping lets you choose a portion of the picture you want to retain. It keeps whatever you want and erases the rest
- Sharpening and softening - Photoshop features the power to provide a sharper or blurred effect on photos. This feature is done by selecting the photo and applying sharpening or softening effects
- Merging images - This feature allows two or more separate photos to merge as single
- Removal of unwanted elements - This technique involves the use of clone tool to maintain the texture of the picture. This is useful when you want to get rid of unwanted objects in an image which gives more focus on the subject. This feature can enhance close up portraits, to erase marks, red eye etc.
- Selective color change - Using this feature lets you alter the color of certain parts of a photo, keeping the rest of the colors original
- Improved Autocorrect - Autocorrect allows you to make simple edits to the images in a couple of seconds. A simple click of the mouse button can autocorrect, brightness, curves contrast and also color level
- Background Save - Photoshop allows you to save photos in the background while you continue working. It means no more work flow slowdowns while you wait for large files to write to drive
Other than above mentioned features, there are lots more features of this great software which will significantly help you do your image editing task faster and efficient with professional looking results.
Versions of Adobe Photoshop
Presently there are ten products of the Photoshop software, they are:
- Adobe Photoshop CS3
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 for Macintosh
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 for Windows
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 & Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
- Adobe Photoshop Express beta
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
What is your Adobe Photoshop images gets corrupt or damaged? To know, read this article on how to repair damaged Photoshop images.