DBX files are files usually associated with Microsoft Outlook Express to handle email storage and it is represented by ".dbx" extension. Each email folder has its own DBX file extension, for example, the "Inbox" folder is called "inbox.dbx" that contains email messages currently present in the Inbox
Programs that Can Open DBX Files
Opening a DBX file requires the use of specific tool. Microsoft Word, for example, is not able to open files with a .dbx extension. The applications that open DBX files include Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Windows Mail, OE-Mail Recovery and DBXtract. The DBX files can also be transferred to and from different applications that can access such files.
How to convert DBX to PST?
- Open and log on to your account in Microsoft Outlook.
- Now click on "File" menu. Choose "Import and Export” option. The "Import and Export" Wizard will be opened.
- Select "Import Internet Mail and Addresses" from the list and then click "Next."
- Choose "Outlook Express." Check the box for "Import Mail." Click "Next." and then "Finish."
- Now again click on "File" menu. Select "New." then "Outlook Data File." Select "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)." Click "OK." Type a name for the PST file and "OK."
- Type a display name for the folder in the "Name" field. If you want to protect the file, type a password and re-enter it. Click "OK". You can access the new PST file by clicking the "Go" menu. Select "Folder List." The name of the folder will be appeare here.
Few times while doing this conversion process your DBX file may get corrupt, so here is a software for DBX file repair
to fix damaged or corrupt DBX files in such situations.