In today’s world a dongle is most commonly referred as internet dongle i.e. it is a small USB device that allows user to access internet on your desktop or laptop. It is also referred as USB modem, USB internet adapter, USB mobile broadband stick, internet stick, data card and many more. Dongles are becoming more popular due to its portability, ready to use, compatibility etc. Some dongles have slots for memory card so that you can also make the dongle work like a USB device.
Pros and Cons of Dongle:
- It is compatible with newly introduced internet connections like 3G and 4G
- Using dongle you can create an access point (e.g. Wi-Fi hot spot), using this hot spot you can share the internet among multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices like smartphones, laptops etc.
- Dongles run on the charge provided by the computer therefore there is no need of charging it
- Today’s dongle are smaller, sleeker and faster compared to the earlier ones
- As it uses USB connectivity it can be used in all the computers and laptops
- Manufacturers of the dongle provide users with driver software which allows you to use the dongle on different operating system platform
- The device cannot be used for long time because the device will get heated up and at times result in slower performance
- Plan rates for the dongle are much higher than the other network connections, thus due to this reason most of the users don’t prefer to opt this device
- In order to use dongle in the computer you must have to install an additional software which will act as a driver for the device
NOTE: In case you encounter slower browsing speed even though your Dongle is working fine on other systems then, use Remo MORE software, the best internet speed optimizer that can easily clear browser junk and increase your internet speed in a matter of minutes.