Computer hacking is a term refers to unauthorized ways of using the technology to gain access to the confidential data stored on your system drive, ignoring the security constraints and confidentiality of the computer user. Usually, these undesirable practices are employed by lot of computer professionals, thieves and many others to steal the valuable information that are so named as hackers. However, most of the hackers concentrate on hacking personal computer of the users connected online, while others are responsible for gaining access into saving accounts, company profile, social media sites, etc.
How Does The Hacking Affect Individuals?
- Hacking is a clear breach of security of the computer, it renders important data and increases the risk of and put user into threats like identity threat. Normally, numerous hacking activities are directed mainly for the purpose of exposing or stealing important information like social security numbers, credit card or debit card numbers, bank account information and many more.
- Whenever the system is hacked, the culprits can delete valuable information stored on your system. Also, attempts to access sensitive data for their personal interest, which can be financial gain in case of credit card fraud or medical in terms of medical identity threat.
- DOS (Denial of Service) attack is another consequence of attack, which simply makes different computer resources unreachable or unavailable to its dedicated users. For example: Sometimes, hackers may change your username and password, which thereby completely blocks you from accessing your system.
- Hacking can also result in theft of confidential business information such as client’s database as well as customer records. Moreover, these crucial databases could be sold to identity theft sites where entire information is made available on sites.
- In addition, information that is crucial to the national security, sensitive government data, data associated with national defense, security and crimes and many others can be accessed through computer hacking and these can be a very serious threat to the national security. This can in turn create a fear and panic them psychologically.
However, these are various effects of computer hacking and in order to keep their confidential data secure and protected, you must relay in reliable and strong antivirus program as well as anti spyware algorithms. Additionally, one should keep an eye and monitor various programs downloaded online as few among them come with deadly viruses intentionally pass on by hackers.