iDisk was file hosting service introduced by Apple Inc to all MobileMe members that makes then to save their pictures, videos, documents, personal files, etc on-line so that this enable them to access their files remotely.
iDisk incorporated with Macintosh personal Computer OS X, showing like a network drive. Macintosh personal computer OS X v10.3 through v10. 6 could possibly cache improvements to an iDisk space while off-line and synchronize updates later. Any WebDAV client could also access an iDisk volume. From 2000-2002, iDisk was free for all Macintosh users through iTools, a group of services that evolved into .Mac, and then after a name change in 2008 became Mobile Me.
Features of iDisk
- IDISK: Processor+memory+fast network per disk
- Push processing to data, rather than data to CPU
- Allows processing of system to scale with increasing storage demand
- Speed network allows direct IDISK-to-IDISK comm..
- Trades expensive central processor MIPS for less costly disk processor MIPS
- Enhanced performance from exploiting data parallelism
- Implausible reduction in data movement
- Reduced cost: trade expensive MIPs for cheap MIPs
Steps to use iDisk on iPhone
- Create your MobileMe account
- Go to iTunes to find iDisk application
- Download app and sign into your account.
- Click on the icon on the upper left of the screen to go to the iDisk home.
- Upload files, pictures, music, and other big files to big to email by clicking on the upload button
- You can now see those files on your device
- Find the iDisk application and select it.
- Sign into iDisk when it prompts you to do so.
- Choose the folder that houses the file you want to view.
- Click on the file