Mac OS X Panther
Mac OS X Panther is the fourth major release of Mac OS X, Apple’s desktop and server operating system. It followed Mac OS X 10.2 and preceded Mac OS X 10.4. This version is released into market on October 24, 2003.
- Built-in USB
- 128 MB of RAM
- CD drive
- PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor (at least 233 MHz)
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet access requires a compatible service provider; iDisk requires a .Mac account
Video conference requires:
- 333 MHz or faster PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
- Broadband Internet access (100 kbit/s or faster)
- Compatible FireWire DV camera or web camera
Features of Mac OS X 10.3
- Finder: In Mac OS X Panther, Finder tool provides many handy features to work the way you wish. However, you can customize the Finder Window to gain quick access to files and folders you use the most. In addition, it is updated with a brushed-metal interface including a new live search engine, built-in Zip support.
- Fast User Switching: Panther allows you to remain logged in while other user logs in
- TextEdit: Enhanced TextEdit is also compatible with MS Word documents
- Xcode Developer tools: Featured with compile time with gcc 3.3
- Preview: Increased speed with PDF rendering
- QuickTime: Now it supports the Pixlet high definition video codec
New Applications in Panther
- Font Book: It is Apple’s font manager, simplifies viewing character maps and installing fonts. It also allows the user to sort fonts into categories.
- FileVault: It’s the new security feature for Panther. FileVault is an extra line of defense against security breaches. When you turn on this feature, your Mac automatically encrypts everything in your Home folder. This means unless someone knows your password, FileVault renders your files as unreadable for anyone but you and your computer’s administrator – no matter what sneaky tricks they attempt to pull.
- iChat AV: Enhanced iChat is available with built-in audio and video conferencing
- Safari: Now, it is displays WebPages quickly. Searching websites is a snap using the built-in Google search box. In addition, you can open several WebPages in the same window.
To perform data recovery from damaged file system Mac in simple steps, click on provided link and know detailed recovery process.