Mac OS X v10.2
Mac OS X v10.2 is called as Jaguar and it is the third major release of Mac OS X, Apple’s desktop, and server operating system. It superseded Mac OS X 10.1 i.e. Puma and preceded Mac OS X Panther. It is released on 23 August 2002 and it available either for single-computer installations or in a family packs which allows five installations on separate PC in one household. Mac OS X Jaguar started usage of code name in marketing and advertising, and has continued usage of code name in subsequent release of the OS.
Mac OS X v10.2 contains over 150 new features and provides significant enhancements to its modern, UNIX-based foundation. Some of these features includes new audio technologies to enable your Mac to support high-resolution and multi-channel audio, offers AOL-compatible instant messaging. With this verison creation of an instant network of computers and peripheral devices became very simple with Rendezvous and the inclusion of Sherlock 3 helps in displaying the custom information in content-specific Windows. This version even works with Windows networks and files easily.
- Supported Computers: power Mac G3, G4, early Power Mac G5, iMac, eMac, PowerBook G3 or G4, or ibook computer
- RAM required: 128 megabytes
- Processor Type: PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 running at 233 MHZ or higher
Applications of Mac OS X 10.2
- Address Book: A system-wide storage area for contact details in the updated address book. This application is built with simple user interface
- Rendezvous: Rendezvous, later named Bonjour, is Apple’s implementation of an IETF open protocol that allows devices over network to fundamentally find each other with a directory listing service
- CUPS: Common Unix Printing System is the modular printing system for UNIX like OS
- Finder: A renovated Finder with searching developed directly into every window. Still it has tendency to block during network operations, often hanging completely. Network resources mounted via the command line do not initially show up as volumes on the desktop, but do show up if the Finder is restarted at which point attempting to unmount them from the Finder will often cause another hang
- Mail: A mail client is advanced with spam mail filter
- Network support for MS Windows networks: In this version of Mac OS X, increased support for networks. In addition, Apple added much more support for MS Windows networks, and MS Windows sharing protocols.
- iChat: iChat is Apple’s new instant messaging client. It operates on the AOL instant messenger network
Rendezvous supports four significant services
- IP interface auto-configuration
- Translation between host names and IP addresses
- Service discovery
- IP multicast address allocation
Do you wish to recover lost photos on Mac system? Then click on provided link and know detailed information of photo recovery procedure on Mac OS installed machines.