Windows 2000 is sometimes referred as Windows NT 5.0 as it is based on Windows NT kernel. There are around 29 million lines of code which are written in C++ that is used in Windows 2000. Drivers in Windows 2000 itself contain 8 million lines of code.
Windows 2000 has a list of options which increases the visibility of all the features available on the computer screen. Some are mentioned below:
- Display Options: You can adjust font size, change screen saver, change the size and color of icon, and make the edges of screen fonts smooth.
- Screen Resolution:To increase the objects size on the screen, you can increase the pixel count.
- Icon Size: You can make the computer icons too large for visibility or you can make them smaller to decrease the screen space.
- Microsoft Magnifier: Using this option you can easily enlarge the screen for better visibility of files.
- Contrast Schemes: In this option you can select different color combinations so that your files are easily visible to you.
Following are the best features of Windows 2000 professional:
- Windows 2000 supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS for the storage of files.
- Windows Installer by itself tracks the applications running on the system and recognizes the misplaced components of the process which is taking place.
- Windows 2000 has an increased uptime for which it provides a better stability in OS reboot scenarios.
- It avoids the computer system getting shut down due to single application rather stopping all the other applications running on the system.
- Sensitive data stored on Windows 2000 is protected by encrypted file system.
Windows 2000 includes following products, which helps us in many different ways:
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
Recover Files Lost while Reinstalling Windows XP
Files like excel sheets, word files, music, pictures, video, audio etc. are lost from your computer due to OS crash. You might re-install operating system to work with the computer again. To recover the lost / deleted files use Remo software.
Undelete Files from Hard Drive
If you have deleted the files using Shift + Delete and you think there is no way out to get the deleted files back. Think again! Remo Recover makes it possible to undelete files from your Windows hard drive. Just read the article above and follow the simple steps.