Posted by: Tony Landry, Follow me: @tony_landry
I have been using 1 TB external hard disk since six months and stored some valuable files in it. But today when I connected it to my system it showed “Disk Drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now”? If I click on “NO” option, then the pop up error message is not allowing me to access stored files. Therefore, in frustration I clicked on “Yes” button which formatted the drive and I lost all data. Now I want to know is there any simple way to restore all my important data stored on it. If it’s possible then please assist me the solution ASAP!
Hey don’t get upset; stop worrying!! You can still recover data from formatted external hard drive by making use of professional “Data Recovery Software” like Remo Recover. But one thing you should remember in mind, that to avoid using external HDD for further data storage as it might lead to overwriting of data and result in permanent loss. Well, before going in detail about the software, it’s better to know some of the common reasons in which external HDD needs to be formatted; few of them are listed below:
- At times instead of formatting inaccessible logical partition of your system \ laptop, you may by mistakenly or inadvertently format the external hard disk drive when it is connected to the system; this type of incidence results in large amount of data loss within matter of minutes.
- Hazardous virus or Trojan attack might corrupt external hard disk file system which even the powerful antivirus software fails to remove; hence to get rid of these threats you may format the external hard drive
In all the above mentioned scenarios you need to format the external hard disk and in case you don’t have data backup then you will lose stored data within fraction of seconds. But no need to get tensed because with the help of Remo HDD Recovery tool you can restore data from formatted external hard drive at your fingertips. This utility is capable enough to retrieve data from FAT 16, HFS X, HFS +, ExFAT, NTFS 5, FAT 32 and NTFS formatted file systems with ease.
Remo Recover Software Prominent Features:
- The software easily, safely and successfully retrieves formatted data from external hard disk on Windows OS (Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, 2008) and Mac OS X (Yosemite, Mountain Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mavericks, Lion, etc).
- It supports recovery of different file types such as images, audios, videos, movies, text documents, games, animation files, etc. with few clicks of mouse
- By making use of Remo Recover application you can get back data from Seagate, Hitachi, Buffalo, Western Digital, Iomega, and other external hard disk brands utmost ease
- In addition, this tool can even perform file recovery from faulty external hard drive and from damaged and inaccessible external hard drives.
With the aid of this tool you can even restore data from formatted USB drive, FireWire drive, MMC, memory Stick, memory cards, etc. without any difficulty.
How to Recover Data after Formatting Hard Drive?
- Initially connect the formatted external hard drive to healthy system as slave
- Then download and install the Remo Recover software on the PC to which the drive has been connected
- Launch the software from the start menu or by double clicking on shortcut icon
- The main screen is displayed select the "Recover Partitions / Drives" option from the main screen
- Select "Formatted / Reformatted Recovery" option for retrieving lost files from formatted hard disk
- All the detected logical drives will be displayed in the form of a list. Select the logical drive from which the files need to be recovered, and click "Next"
- After that software begins scanning process
- You can view the restored files using "File Type View" / "Data View" option once the scanning process is completed
Additional Information: You can also make use of this application while recovering data from not detecting external hard disks, hard drives, USB drives etc. in few simple steps.