Protect Folders in iMac
Are you looking for the simple way or excellent software to lock folders which is enclosing important personal or business related folders on iMac computers? If so, then you are in right page, here you will get complete information regarding locking folders on iMac desktops in a simplest way. Normally folders are locked to restrict unwelcomed guests from getting access to personal information enclosed on folders.
Well to secure information such as videos, business documents, songs, movies, image files etc. enclosed in particular or multiple folders on iMac system can be locked by following built in option as shown below:
- Initially click on launch pad from dock. Here you will get list of apps
- Now in the screen box on top of screen type “Disk Utility”
- From the file menu, select New and then select “Disk Image from Folder”
- Choose the folders you would like to protect and click on image button
- On next screen enter some details for your image and choose “AES – 128” encryption option (or 256 bit for extra security and click on “Save” option
- For twice entire your preferred password and ensure you won’t forget it.
By following above stated steps you can effectively lock folders in iMac with password protection. But look at the number of steps involved to lock folders on iMac; really it’s a hectic thing for normal computer users to follow step by step procedure and sometimes even a single wrong move can leads to permanent data loss. Therefore, most of the industry experts across worldwide suggest to use best third party utility like Remo More because it provides additional security to folders on iMac with great ease. This is read only application which ensures that the contents of folders will not get altered during locking process.
Remo MORE Software Striking Features:
- The software is designed with strong and advanced encryption techniques, which guarantees that password cannot be cracked
- The software is compatible on all major versions of Mac OS X like Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Leopard, etc.
- Apart from locking folder on iMac, you can also use this tool to lock folders on MacBook Pro, Mac mini, MacBook Air, etc without any difficulty
- Even a novice technical user or normal home user can opt this application because it provides step by step instructions with snapshots
- Remo More tool is more user friendly in nature and you need to perform few clicks on app to lock folders which is containing any type and size of data.
- Professional technical support team is available for assistance around the clock 24 * 7.
Simple Steps to Lock Folders on iMac Using Remo MORE:
Step 1: First download and install Remo MORE software on your iMac system, now select “Manage” option from the main window as in
Step 2: Select “File Manager” option from the second window as in
Step 3: From the third window select “File Protector” option as in
Step 4: Here you will get two options one is “Private Locker” and another one is “File/Folder Locker”. Click on “File/Folder Locker” option to password protect.
Step 5: After selcting"File/Folder Locker” option the software will ask you to set the master password to lock the folder as in .
Step 6: From the next window select the folder which you want to lock and click on ”Lock” button as in .