How to enhance download speed on Windows 8?
If we talk about internet speed it is the most experienced scenario by PC / laptop users. Sluggish download speed many a cancer for you when working on computer for your important project, any official task or personal task. Many people blame their Internet Service Provider for poor download speed and they should because it depends on data plan what they have subscribed but wait, it’s not completely true. There are many factors other than ISP’s services that are responsible for causing slow download speed on Windows 8 system. There are lots of things you have to practice on your Windows system for improving internet download speed. We have collected some facts that you can try on your Windows PC to boost download speed. Let’s know what you can do on your system to get fast downloading speed:
- Download speed may be affected due to low memory space on your Windows system. Generally all downloaded files get saved in Downloads folder that is integer part of C drive. Therefore, keep your C drive available with enough space also do the same with Downloads folder.
- Upgrade your browser if you don’t have done this before. By installing latest updates you can make browser run faster and get fast download speed.
- When downloading any file, pause other download threads. Give preference to a particular file to be downloaded that is important for you.
- Download speed is also influenced by applications that are running in background. Apps that are running concurrently eat CPU efficiency and memory hence it cause slow downloading.
- Pause download process and restart modem. By doing so you can boost download speed.
- Upgrade your router firmware with latest updates.
- Reset you home network and change DNS settings.
- Shorten the distance between router and your Windows 8 PC.
- Clear browser junk such as temporary internet files, cache, download history to maximize browser performance.
- Over the time, lots of unnecessary junk files may be piled up on your Windows 8 hard drive. Right click on C drive and select Properties option. Here you get Disk Cleanup option. Click on this tab and optimize C drive by removing junk data. By doing this, you can improve system performance and internet speed as well.
After applying above suggested changes on system settings, you can enhance download speed to a great extent. Apart from this, you can call any professional to deal with this issue but in my opinion it’s not a smart choice for you to spend money for this.
You can find number of application in internet that has great potential to resolve this problem. Remo MORE is one such advanced download speed enhancer that is available for free. You can take advantage of this powerful app to increase download speed on Windows 8 system. Once you launch this internet speed booster on your Windows 8 system it automatically detects and resolves various factors that responsible for decreasing download speed.
Steps to improve download speed:
Step 1: Download and install Remo MORE software on your Windows 8 PC and click on “Enhance” option from main screen as shown in
Step 2: Now select “Internet Speed Enhancer” option to enhance download speed on Windows 8 as shown in
Step 3: Click on “Optimize Speed” option to select network type and then select “Optimize” option as shown in
Step 4: Once the customization is done, you can see the message “Your internet settings have been optimized successfully” as shown in