You have 2 PST files created in your Outlook which you are planning to merge. Managing both PST files is not easy, especially when you have to look for particular information. But you have no idea how to go about the process. Well, it is not a difficult task; you can easily combine multiple PST files in Outlook using various methods discussed in the article.
Table of Contents
Why Do You Need to Combine Multiple Outlook PST Files?
Below are the Reasons, why you need to combine PST files with the Outlook profile
- Combining work and social accounts
- Creating backups of existing accounts
- If you have changed your system
- Migrating to a different service or exchange
How To Merge PST Files in Outlook?
Below methods helps you in merging multiple accounts in Outlook and also this methods works for all the Outlook Versions.
- Creating a blank new PST file
- Importing all PST files into the newly created PST file
Step 1: Create a blank new PST file
- The first step is to open Microsoft Outlook application
- Next, click on New Items, from the drop down menu, select More Items followed by Outlook Data File option
- Now select the location where the new PST file has to be saved and provide a name for it. Click OK.
Step 2: Importing PST files into the blank new Outlook PST file
After creating the new PST file in Outlook 2016, the next step is to import the PST files into this blank new PST file one by one. Here are the steps for it.
- Open Outlook, navigate to File option
- Select Open & Export followed by Import / Export option
- The Import and Export Wizard will open
- Choose Import from another program or file option and click on Next button
- Select the file type from which you have to import. Click on Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit Next
- Click on Browse option to choose the file to be imported
- Check the box Do not import duplicates and click Next button
- Now select the folder to import from. Check the Include subfolders
- Also check the box Import items into the same folder in and click on Finish
Method 2: Merge Multiple PST Files Using File tab Option
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Then click on the File tab on the taskbar, and select Info in the options.
- Click on the Account Settings tab and select Account Settings
- On the Account Settings dialog box, click the Data Files tab.
- Now, Click on the Add button to add a new PST file to your Outlook profile.
- Browse the location where your PST files are saved. Select one PST file at a time, and click OK to add a PST file to Outlook.
Method 3: Add Multiple PST Files Using Home tab Option
- open Microsoft Outlook and click on the Home tab.
- Click on New Items
- In the options, Select More Items and click Outlook Data File
- Now browse the location where your PST files are Saved. Select one PST file at a time, and click OK to add a PST file to Outlook.
If you have more than 2 PST files, then repeat the same steps for all the PST files to combine them all into one PST file in Outlook 2016. When you have to transfer Outlook data to a new computer, then all that you have to do is export this PST file.
Although the method listed above is easy, it is a little time consuming. Moreover, if you don’t follow the steps properly or if there are any interruptions when the PST files are being moved, then there are chances of the file getting corrupted. You need a PST Repair tool to fix PST file which is damaged / corrupted under such a situation.
If you don’t want to manually sync 2 or more PST files in Outlook, then you can make use of third party tool to add PST files. But make sure you use reliable applications for the same. Using unreliable tools to merge PST files can corrupt them. Suppose your PST file gets corrupted after using third party tool, then make use of Remo PST Repair software to quickly fix the file, and recover all its items.
Hope the above article helped you in Fixing the merging PST files, If you have any queries please do mention them in the comment section.