You have 2 PST files created in your Outlook 2016 which you plan to merge. Managing both the PST files is not easy, especially when you have to look for a particular information. But you have no idea how to go about the process. Well, it is not a difficult task; you can easily combine 2 PST files in Outlook 2016. Adding two PST files in Outlook is called as merging, syncing, or combining of PST files. There are two main processes involved in this –
- Creating a blank new PST file
- Importing all PST files into the newly created PST file
Step 1: Create a blank new PST file
- The first step is to open Microsoft Outlook application
- Next, click on New Items, from the drop down menu, select More Items followed by Outlook Data File option
- Now select the location where the new PST file has to be saved and provide a name for it. Click OK.
Step 2: Importing PST files into the blank new Outlook PST file
After creating the new PST file in Outlook 2016, the next step is to import the PST files into this blank new PST file one by one. Here are the steps for it.
- Open Outlook, navigate to File option
- Select Open & Export followed by Import / Export option
- The Import and Export Wizard will open
- Choose Import from another program or file option and click on Next button
- Select the file type from which you have to import. Click on Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit Next
- Click on Browse option to choose the file to be imported
- Check the box Do not import duplicates and click Next button
- Now select the folder to import from. Check the Include subfolders
- Also check the box Import items into the same folder in and click on Finish
If you have more than 2 PST files, then repeat the same steps for all the PST files to combine them all into one PST file in Outlook 2016. When you have to transfer Outlook data to a new computer, then all that you have to do is export this PST file.
Although the method listed above is easy, it is a little time consuming. Moreover, if you don’t follow the steps properly or if there are any interruptions when the PST files are being moved, then there are chances of the file getting corrupted. You need a PST Repair tool to fix PST file which is damaged / corrupted under such a situation.
If you don’t want to manually sync 2 or more PST files in Outlook, then you can make use of third party tool to add PST files. But make sure you use reliable applications for the same. Using unreliable tools to merge PST files can corrupt them. Suppose your PST file gets corrupted after using third party tool, then make use of Remo PST Repair software to quickly fix the file, and recover all its items.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.