This article helps you in guiding how to schedule your computer to automatically remove system’s junk files from Recycle Bin after a certain amount of time on Windows 10.
Just a simple delete action will not actually remove your file from the computer. It only gets moved into Recycle Bin folder, which further continues to stay for quite a bit time by using your computer’s valuable space on the hard drive.
Even after knowing how to empty the Recycle Bin, chances are that you often forget to do such a simple job. Until and unless you notice that your computer is running out of space, you don’t proceed to delete the trash content.
But no worries! With the help of a feature called Task Scheduler, you can automatically put your Windows 10 to clean Recycle Bin and to reduce the pressure on the hard drive. This Task Scheduler schedules a certain time of maintenance and cleans the bin at that particular time.
Easy steps to automatically empty the Recycle Bin on schedule
- Go to Start, do a search for Task Scheduler, and press Enter
- Then right-click Task Scheduler Library and click New Folder
- Now name the folder My Tasks or anything descriptive (You want to do this to keep your tasks organized and separated from the system tasks.)
- Right-click the newly created folder and select Create task option
- On the General tab, enter a name for the task, such as Empty Windows Recycle Bin
- On the Triggers tab, click New to create an action that will trigger the task
- Now select and configure On a schedule, but you can pick from a number of trigger actions, including At log on, At startup, On an event, and more
Important Tip: If you're using the schedule option as a trigger, consider using the Weekly or Monthly option, which will give you some time to recover deleted pictures and files from Recycle Bin.
- On the Actions tab, click New
- Under Settings, on Programs/script enter cmd.exe
- Under Settings, on Add arguments enter the following argument and click OK
/c "echo Y|PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -Command Clear-RecycleBin"
- Click OKto complete the task
However, the company Microsoft always tries to facilitate its users to reduce their extra work and allows them to have the best experience of technology. The latest edition of Windows 10 has come up with more of the advanced as well as a user-friendly feature with it. And of course Task Scheduler is one of them and this feature will not only reduce the work pressure of the users but also will restrict the computer from being slack.
“Accidentally emptied Recycle Bin and lost some of your important pictures? Don’t worry, using a reliable file recovery software you can recover photos from Recycle Bin in easy and simple steps.”
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.