Emails are the source of communication in an organization, and users spend most of their workday sending emails and scheduling meetings. So if you are using Outlook, then you would want to backup important data like emails, contacts, calendars, and so on, as you cannot afford to lose them.
Over time, backing up Outlook data has become easy beginning with Office 2010. You don’t have to worry about many folders; the backup will be stored in a single file. This is especially useful when you have to import PST file on another computer.
So here is a complete guide on how to backup Outlook settings and attributes. The steps to backup all your emails, calendars, contacts, schedules, and other Outlook attributes are listed. This guide is for Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010.
How to export Outlook data?
- For Outlook 2016 and 2013, go to the File menu, click on Open & Export option on the left-hand-side. Next click on Import / Export
For Outlook 2010, go to File – Options – Advanced – Export
- Now click on Export to a file option in the Import and Export Wizard and hit on Next
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on Next
- In the Export Outlook Data File window, you have to choose the files and folders you want to backup. Unless you have a backup already, it is recommended to create a complete backup of all the files. For this, you have to click on the email address associated with your account, and also make sure the Include subfolders box is checked. Hit on Next to proceed.
- Browse to select the path where you want the backup to be created using the Browse If you don’t want to have duplicates, then select Replace duplicates with items exported option and click on Finish button.
- Also, if there is confidential data in your backup copy, then you can set a password
The time taken for the backup process depends on the amount of information you have. So that’s about it. You have backed up Outlook data on Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010. So you can use this backup copy to migrate Outlook data anytime. When you want to move Outlook data to a new environment, then you can use this backup copy while importing data to a new computer.
Make sure to follow the steps properly while exporting and importing Outlook data. If you go wrong, then there are chances of losing data. Also sometimes, you may not copy entire attributes while backing up. To overcome all these problems, you can use Remo Outlook backup tool which will safely and easily backup data. Whether you want to transfer Outlook data to Windows 10, a higher Outlook version, a new computer, etc., this tool will quickly finish the process.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.