This article will guide you to easily recover lost data from SD card. Memory cards like SD cards are well known for their affordability and portability. SD card is one of the most used storage device to save pictures, videos, documents etc. Be it your birthday video or an important document at work, you highly rely on SD cards to store them.
No time to read? Watch this video tutorial to recover lost data from SD card.
Is it possible to recover lost or deleted data from SD card?
This is the question most of the users have when they lose data on SD card. You can only recover lost data from SD card, as long as it exists on the storage as explained below:
The deleted or lost data on SD card won’t be disappeared completely, it still resides on the SD card with its space marked as ready to be overwritten.
Hence, is recommended to stop using the SD card after losing data. This will increase the chances of SD card data recovery.
Now let us see how to recover lost data from SD card securely
As mentioned earlier data lost or deleted from SD card can be recovered as long as it is not overwritten.
After securing data from being overwritten, the next approach would be to find a way to retrieve lost data.
To recover deleted data from SD card you need a trusted data recovery tool that understands SD card architecture and can scavenge for any unaccounted data that is either lost or deleted.
With a history of more than a million happy users, Remo Recover is a hassle free tool to recover lost data from SD card. The tool is tailor made for memory cards of all major brands and can safely recover more than 300 file types.
Why choose Remo Recover to recover lost data from SD card?
- Supports more than 300 file types like images, documents, audio, video files etc.
- Be it recovering lost data from SD card or recovering deleted data from SD card, the SD card recovery tool comes in handy for any of the data loss scenarios.
- Supports major brands of SD cards like Kingston, Transcend, Sony, PNY, SanDisk etc.
- Built with deep scan algorithm, the tool will scan every nook and corner to recover lost data from SD card.
- This memory card recovery tool also supports recovery of data from formatted and corrupted SD card.
- Unique file signature search to enable users to directly search what they are looking for
- Compatible with all latest versions of Windows and Mac Operating system.
5 steps to quickly recover lost data from SD Card:
- Download and Install, Remo Recover on your computer and connect the SD card to be recovered
- Launch the software and click on Recover Partitions
- Select your SD card from the list of displayed drives and click on Scan
- After completion of scanning process, the SD card recovery software displays the recoverable data
- You can Preview the recovered files from SD card before saving them on to desired location.
5 most common causes of data loss in SD cards:
- Malware infection: The most common reason behind data loss in memory cards.You can never anticipate a virus attack or avoid accidentally downloading a malware into your SD card. A malware infection can corrupt SD card or delete files from SD card.
- File system damage: SD cards store your information based on the their file system. Any damages to that file system leads to corruption of SD card making your precious data inaccessible.
- Improper handling: SD cards are very miniature in nature and should be handled carefully. The chances of damaging SD card is high while removal and insertion process which result in data loss.
- Accidental formatting: Data in formatted SD card is erased and a new file system is put in place. Hence accidental formatting can cost you all the important data existing on the SD card.
- Other factors: Accidentally deleting data in SD card, SD card getting damaged due to external factors like moisture or heat, inserting SD card into a damaged card reader are some of the other common factors causing data loss in SD card.
Tips to avoid data loss on SD cards
Now that you know how to recover deleted data from SD card, it is important that you should be aware few things to avoid data loss further.
Tip 1: It is recommended to have a regular backup of data from SD card to avoid losing data.
Tip 2: Always use an antivirus software protect your device along with your SD card from external attacks
Tip 3: Never remove your SD card while you are copying any photos videos or any other documents
Tip 4: Avoid using the same SD card on multiple devices which leads to corruption.
It is always rewarding to follow the above mentioned tips to prevent data loss from SD card and avoid any kind of recovery process. However if you lose data or accidentally delete files from SD card, it is recommended to make use of a reliable data recovery software like Remo Recover.
The task of recovering deleted files from SD card is not challenging anymore. With the help of Remo Recover all the data is retrieved in its absolute form.
The free SD card recovery software is designed to recover photos, videos and other 300 plus types of files. With simple and powerful scan engine, the tool easily recover lost data from SD card.
The most preferred data recovery software works fine with all storage devices like hard drives, pen drives, SSD, flash drives etc.