When you want to install new software or buy a peripheral such as a printer or scanner, you will first find the product's minimum requirements that are listed somewhere on the packaging. These minimum requirements provide the lowest specification of each component that your computer should have in order to run the program or peripheral properly. These computer specifications can be memory, processor or graphics card etc. At the same time, you will have to be aware of the available computer memory or how powerful the processor is or which operating system you're running etc. For this you should know your computer specifications.
Actually there are many ways in which you can find out your system specifications, among them here’s the best way to find out your computer specs easily. Just have a look at the steps explained below:
Technique 1: If you need just the basic information about the computer then to Start -> Control Panel and then search for the item in the list named as System or System and Maintenance (depends on the Windows version which you have). Here you can find the CPU speed, the amount of RAM free and used, the Windows version you have, and a few other specification details.
Technique 2: In case the information received from the above method is not sufficient then, go to Start -> Run, in the dialog box just type dxdiag.exe and press Enter. This will invoke a DirectX Diagnostic Tool, which is an in-built tool that can be used to check the system info, or to test, troubleshoot and change some of the system configuration.
Technique 3: If the above explained techniques didn't provide the clear idea about the specification, then just follow the below explained steps. By accomplishing this you will get the complete details about all the components, hardware devices, software etc. that are connected or installed to your system. Read on....
- First you need to the go to Open System Information dialog for this; Press Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools > System Information. After this, you will have to wait for the page to load up
- Then, Click on “System Summary”, you will view a list of some items that include OS Version, RAM, Hard Drive capacity, User name, system name & manufacture, system model, processor, time zone, etc.
- In case you want to know more detailed information about these, just browse the categories that are listed below the System Summary tab, these include:
- “Hardware Resources” – Provides the details about the hardware resources present on your system. This includes Memory, DMA, I/O etc.
- “Components”- Lists all the components required for your computer hardware, like Multimedia- CD-ROM, Sound device, Memory and others, Storage- Printing, USB, Problem devices, Input Modem, and others.
- “Software Environment” – Provides complete details about the system drivers present on your PC, Environment Variables, running tasks, Start-up programs, network connections, OLE Registration etc.
The above explained is the best in which you can find out your system specifications completely. It just requires a couple of steps and few minutes to for the entire process. However, with this you will know your system better.