Did you know there are few tips and tricks that can optimize Photoshop CC performance? Everyone, in today’s time, has heard of ‘Photoshop’. Photoshop is used for various purposes and by different generations of people. Whether it is teenagers using photoshop for adding extra style to their profile pics or magazines of corporate houses for commercial purposes. Every group for its own reason and need wants to implement the optimal photoshop performance.
To know more on how to go about following simple tips and tricks to optimize photoshop CC performance, continue to read on..
Optimizing Photoshop CC Performance:
1. Currently using Mac: If you are currently using Mac then, all you have to do is go Photoshop CC on the top menu bar > Preference > Performance. When you do this the screen display allows you to adjust a number of settings including how photoshop manages your system’s memory.
Note: If while editing photos in photoshop on you Mac you encounter a corrupt photoshop file, Do Not Panic! Repairing corrupt photoshop file on mac made easy irrespective of the reason for the corrupted file – be it abrupt termination while editing some photos or imperfect up gradation etc.
2. Currently using Windows: If you are currently using Windows then, go to the top Menu bar > Edit > Preference > Performance. When you do this just like Mac, the screen display allows you to adjust a number of settings including how photoshop manages your system’s memory.
3. Memory Usage RAM: The memory setting shows how much RAM is available on your PC. It also shows how much you permit photoshop to use. Generally, photoshop utilizes 70%of your available memory and 30% to non-system processes. If you are going to use photoshop with other things running in the background like listening music, surfing web etc. – consider leaving the memory setting at 70%. If you are unsure that your photoshop needs or is taking more memory from your system – check built- in efficiency meter.
Checking Built-in efficiency meter: Open an image in photoshop then, click the small arrow on the status bar located on the lower left-hand corner and select ‘Efficiency’. If efficiency level is lower than 95% then, photoshop needs more memory to work smoothly.
4. Limit History States: The more space and memory the application will utilize, the slower the overall performance will be. Photoshop can save up to 1,000, history states. To reduce that number for Windows, Menu > Edit > Preference > Performance – choose History & Cache > History States. Here, in the drop down menu drag the number to a lower value. Remember the default number for history states is not higher than 20.
5. Cache Levels: to help the software run more efficiently on your PC, photoshop utilizes cache. Depending on the type of work you carry out you can adjust the two aspects of caches i.e. level and title sizes. Cache levels can be adjusted between 1 – 8. Higher cache level will allow photoshop to run faster during operation but it will also increase the software’s initial startup time. If you are going to work on a large document then set a higher cache level. Otherwise, it is in your better interest to set a low cache level especially if you are regularly working on a small size document.