There is nothing worse than your SD card getting corrupted. All your important video files, pictures, music files, documents, and other data present in the card becomes inaccessible. You don’t want to have a corrupted SD card lying around with all your vital data stored in it, and lying around useless, right?
Don’t worry, we are here to help you. It is possible to fix corrupt SD card. In this article, we tell you how to repair corrupted SD card via CHKDSK. Read on to know how it can be done.
- Plugin the SD card to the computer using card reader or USB cable
- Go to the Start menu, type cmd in the search bar and hit Enter. You will find exe in the programs list.
- Right click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator option
- Now you will get the Command windows
- In the window, type chkdsk followed by the drive letter corresponding to the SD card, a colon and /f
Eg: chkdsk h: /f
Where h is the drive letter of the SD card
- After typing this command, hit Enter and wait for the corrupted SD card to get fixed
The fixing process will take some time depending on the severity of corruption, and storage size of the card. Once the repair process is completed, you can exit command prompt window, and check your SD card. The corruption should be fixed.
At times, if the corruption is too severe, and Chkdsk cannot fix the SD card, then you have to format the card in order to fix the corruption. But formatting the card erases all data present in it. Thus you lose all files stored on the SD card. Worried? Don’t be; it is possible to get back data from formatted SD card with the help of Remo Recover software. Yes, the tool scans the memory card to locate the erased files and recovers them easily.
Not only that, the application also helps to recover data from damaged memory card even if you don’t have a backup. This Card Recovery tool comes handy to get back files from corrupted, formatted, inaccessible, RAW memory cards with ease. All your photos, videos, documents, and other data present on the card will be retrieved in just a few minutes. It supports data recovery from various memory card brands like Kingston, SanDisk, Sony, Transcend, and many others.