Drones are renowned as unmanned aerial vehicles. With the help of these drones, one can easily perform photography or videography using a remotely operated device under various difficult environments. Due to the flying abilities and smaller sizes of the drone, you can effortlessly capture videos that would have been impossible to be recorded by a photographer or videographer.
No matter how tough it is to capture videos using the drone, but videos shot on the drone are prone to corruption or damage. If you are looking to repair corrupt DJI video files, then stick to this article to repair your drone videos using the below-proven methods.
Before you move on to repair corrupt DJI video files using the 3 highly rated methods, below is the common list of scenarios under which your DJI videos might get corrupt or damaged.
Warning! Common reasons for DJI Video files Corruption
- Abruptly removal of SD card.
- Accidental power off while capturing video on your DJI Flame Wheel, Phantom, Mavic, Spreading Wings, Inspire, Matrice, Spark.
- Exposure of a drone camera to extremely high or low temperatures can corrupt videos saved on its SD card.
- SD card is not readable due to malware or virus attacks.
- Sudden interruptions while recording or transferring videos on a DJI drone.
How to Fix corrupt DJI video files?
This article includes 3 different methods to repair DJI video file.
Create a copy of the damaged drone video and follow the below steps to fix video lagging or DJI video corruption using the VLC media player.
Steps to repair corrupt drone videos using the VLC Player:
- Open VLC Media Player and select Tools option.
- Choose Preferences and now, in the Simple Preferences window, click Input / Codecs.
- Besides the Damaged or incomplete AVI file option, select the Always Fix option from the dropdown.
- Finally, click Save.
Now try to play your DJI video file, in case if the drone video is still corrupt or unplayable then, move on to the next method.
Before you start repairing DJI corrupt video files using the command prompt, it is recommended to avoid exiting the command prompt window during the execution process, and executing the command prompt function to fix your drone videos might take a long time.
Follow the steps to repair corrupt DJI video files using the command prompt:
- In your Windows search bar type cmd.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit OK to find the corrupt video file.
- Once the command locates corrupt video, type sfc /scannow to scan and repair the corrupt video files.
After the completion of the command prompt process, you will find any of the following notifications:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations: This means that your Windows operating system couldn’t detect any corrupt file in your drive.
Note: You can directly make use of the Remo DJI video fixer (Method 3) to repair any corrupt or damaged videos recorded on any brands of drone effortlessly.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation: This means that you should repeat the above command prompt process with SFC but in the Safe Mode.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them: This means that the Windows operating system has located and repaired your corrupt videos. Now, you can successfully play your DJI drone videos.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: This means that the damage to the corrupt drone video file is severe and Windows cannot fix it. In this case, it is suggested to make use of the Remo Video Repair tool, which can fix any corrupt or damaged video recorded on the drone, digital camera, camcorder, iPhone, etc. Move on to the next method to repair your severely corrupt drone videos using the Remo DJI Video Repair software.
Make use of the Remo Video Repair software which is exclusively designed to repair corrupt, damaged, or broken MOV, MP4, AVI video files, etc. with ease. This tool works with advanced video repairing algorithms to fix videos captured on DJI Flame Wheel, Phantom, Mavic, Spreading Wings, Inspire, Matrice, Spark, and many more. With the help of this tool, you can also repair severely corrupt videos captured on any brands of drones, iPhone, digital camera, camcorder, CCTV, etc.
- Download and install Remo Video Repair software and connect the SD card on which you have saved the corrupt DJI video file to your PC or Mac.
- Select the corrupt DJI video which you want to fix and click the Repair option.
(Note: If you are repairing MOV or MP4 video, you need to provide a healthy video as a reference file).
- Now, preview the repaired drone video for free and save it to any location of your choice.
Tips to Avoid DJI or Drone Video Corruption:
- Do not connect your drone SD card to corrupt devices.
- Properly eject the SD card from your DJI drone camera.
- Take a backup of your important DJI videos before performing any action on them or transferring them.
- Make use of a quality SD card to avoid any SD card corruption.
- Always make use of reliable DJI video repair software like Remo Video Repair to fix DJI video file corruption.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.