The computer plays an important role for user to store data such as videos, pictures, office data and other personal data. Therefore, the user needs to take care of their system in a good manner. Below some of the do’s and don’ts are mentioned to keep computer safety.
- Provide proper power supply: You can run system properly and can avoid system crashes by providing proper power supply.
- Use UPS: While you are working on a system if a sudden power goes off then system shutdown suddenly and may lead to data loss. Therefore, use UPS to provide power supply to your system.
- Do install Windows and Antivirus/Anti SpyWare updates: Virus and other malware threats easily enter your system when you share data from the infected system and downloading data, software etc from untrustworthy sites. Later, these threats results in loss of data. Therefore, keep updating antivirus tool and scan system regularly.
- Do shutdown properly: When you wish to turn off system use proper shutdown procedure and try not directly switch off the power button. In case if done so then there are chances of losing data stored on it.
- Keep Firewall on: While browsing internet turn on the firewall option in browser settings, which you use. This will block you from visiting virus and malware attacked websites.
- Keep OS updated: Keeping OS updated you never come across system’s problems and increases system’s performance and throughput.
- Delete unnecessary files: Keeping unnecessary files and folder consumes memory space and unwanted applications slow-down system’s performance by consuming ram memory. Therefore, keep deleting unwanted files and applications from the system.
- Keep PC in a well-equipped place: Keeping PC in well-equipped place, which will ensure no physical damages happening to it. In addition, maintain room temperature as it ensures no heat pressure will create in the system and keeps the device from overheating.
- Don’t Install deceitful utilities: Installing deceitful applications on the system which may affect file system and other data stored on it. Therefore, before installing any applications make sure that is free from virus and malware threats.
- Don’t install multiple OS: installing multiple OS in same system which slow-down system’s performance and there might be chances of a sudden OS crash and results into inaccessible hard drive.
- Don’t Store anything on your Desktop: Keeping files and folders on the desktop which will increase the system booting time and slow-down system’s performance.
By following above mentioned do’s and don’ts, you can keep the computer in safety and can data loss scenarios. However, some scenarios such as accidental deletion, formatting hard disk which makes you lose huge data loss. In case lost data is very important for you then use Remo Recover Windows software to restore them. This tool also comes handy to recover documents from Windows XP in a simple way.