- Provide proper power supply: You can run system properly and can avoid system crashes by providing proper power supply.
- Use UPS: While you are working on a system if a sudden power goes off then system shutdown suddenly and may lead to data loss. Therefore, use UPS to provide power supply to your system.
- Do install Windows and Antivirus/Anti SpyWare updates: Virus and other malware threats easily enter your system when you share data from the infected system and downloading data, software etc from untrustworthy sites. Later, these threats results in loss of data. Therefore, keep updating antivirus tool and scan system regularly.
- Do shutdown properly: When you wish to turn off system use proper shutdown procedure and try not directly switch off the power button. In case if done so then there are chances of losing data stored on it.
- Keep Firewall on: While browsing internet turn on the firewall option in browser settings, which you use. This will block you from visiting virus and malware attacked websites.
- Keep OS updated: Keeping your updated you never come across system’s problems and increases system’s performance and throughput. If you are using a lower version of the operating system, try upgrading to Windows 10 or macOS Catalina
- Delete unnecessary files: Keeping unnecessary files and folder consumes memory space and unwanted applications slow-down system’s performance by consuming ram memory. Therefore, keep deleting unwanted files and applications from the system.
- Keep PC in a well-equipped place: Keeping PC in well-equipped place, which will ensure no physical damages happening to it. In addition, maintain room temperature as it ensures no heat pressure will create in the system and keeps the device from overheating.
In the process of deleting unnecessary files, if you encounter a situation where you have permanently deleted important files unknowingly, you still have a chance of recovering the data. With effective tool such as Remo data recover software, your data can be retrieved regardless of any reason for which the data is lost. Download and try the software for free now.
- Don’t Install deceitful utilities: Installing deceitful applications on the system which may affect file system and other data stored on it. Therefore, before installing any applications make sure that is free from virus and malware threats.
- Don’t install multiple OS: installing multiple OS in same system which slow-down system’s performance and there might be chances of a sudden OS crash and results into inaccessible hard drive.
- Don’t Store anything on your Desktop: Keeping files and folders on the desktop which will increase the system booting time and slow-down system’s performance.
By following above mentioned do’s and don’ts, you can keep the computer in safety and can data loss scenarios. However, some scenarios such as accidental deletion, formatting hard disk which makes you lose huge data loss. In case lost data is very important for you then use Remo Recover Windows software to restore them. This tool also comes handy to recover documents from Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP in a simple way.
Tony Landry is a Web Content Editor at Remo Software. He loves to write, edit, and manage content for users trying to troubleshoot and fix problems on Windows, Outlook, storage drives and Cloud storage networks.
He has published more than 200 articles in Remo Software blog. He actively engages in research and problem-solving techniques to consistently generate great web content. Fixing various hardware problems on computer and storage devices along with a great knack for fixing Outlook errors, Tony is also the fun-time IT guy for all his work friends. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoys cycling.