In this era of modern technology computer data is very important. A data in a computer can be of anything like business documents, music, movies, software’s, video clips, game files etc. These data files are very important as it can easily be a reason for a company’s growth, a project to run successfully etc. However many a time users take wrong steps which results in data loss from their computer or any other storage device, but to overcome such data loss mishaps this article provides you the Do’s and Don’ts of data recovery.
- Do try to back up your important data on a daily or weekly basis
- If your hard disk is not getting detected, do use a different cable to connect the hard disk
- After data loss, remove your storage device and keep it in a safe place
- If you are unable to access your storage drive and data is lost, then immediately stop using your drive and download a data recovery software to get them back
- If your external hard drive is not accessible from your system, then try reconnecting your drive to any other working machine
- Do turn off your system, when you hear any clicking / grinding noise from your hard disk
- Do install an effective antivirus program to scan and remove viruses causing data loss from your system
- Don’t panic, stay calm.
- Don’t make attempts to recover your lost data by yourself
- Do not store your important data on hard disk having Bad sectors
- Don’t download application programs from unknown sites
- Do not store or copy new files to your hard disk after data loss as this can overwrite the deleted / lost files beyond the scope of recovery
- Don’t try to open your physically damaged hard disk
- Do not shake, disassemble or attempt to repair your corrupt hard disk because improper handling can make recovery operation more difficult and can result in permanent data loss
- Do not use any third party application software to create, delete or repartition your hard disk
- Don’t forget to backup your important data before performing operations like operating system reinstallation, upgrade, format, reformat etc.
- Don’t run CHKDSK, scandisk or any other program that will write the hard drive. Because these utilities will move and alter the data that you are trying to recover
The points stated above are very useful information, which are to be followed after data loss scenario. But the important thing is to find the right tool for data recovery. Remo Recover is an application that most of the users prefer, through which you can retrieve all your data lost due to formatting, reinstalling OS, hard disk corruption, accidental deletion or any other reason.