Storage devices such as pen drives, hard drives, memory cards, flash drives, external hard disk, etc. play an important role in storing and portability of data. Majorly, we use a storage device to store our personal and official data such as videos, music files, office documents, pictures etc. However, storage devices are sensitive and critical device, which could easily damage and get corrupt. Finally, this makes you lose vital data from these devices. In order to keep our safe and secure, we need to care of storage device. Here are some do’s and don’t with storage device are mentioned below. Just go through one by one thoroughly and implement them to safeguard your devices as well as data stored on them.
- Regularly scan your device with an updated antivirus tool that avoids your device being get affected by virus and malware threats
- Always keep the device in a sophisticated place that avoids falling and can safeguard it from small damages happening to it
- Always attempt for recovery of bad sectors that avoids data loss
- Regularly keep on using a device or else it may not work as you use after a long period of gap
- Defrag device as and when you experience low performance of it
- Delete unwanted files and save some space in it prior to facing storage space scarcity
- If the device is externally one then always use safe remove option while ejecting them from connected systems
- Regularly format devices with the file system which supported by your system
- Don’t store any virus infected files and folders on them
- If device are pen drives, memory cards etc then do not frequently insert and eject them as they don’t recognize by the system when you connect
- Don’t connect devices to virus and malware infected systems
By following above explained do’s and don’ts with storage device, one can easily safeguard devices get damage and keep devices in a well working condition. No matter how many instructions you follow few situations makes them to lose your vital data from them. In such situations if that lost data is needed again then try Remo Recover tool can efficiently get back whatever data lost from them in a couple of minutes. Using this tool, you can recover deleted MS office files from USB in a few minutes.
Tony Landry is a Web Content Editor at Remo Software. He loves to write, edit, and manage content for users trying to troubleshoot and fix problems on Windows, Outlook, storage drives and Cloud storage networks.
He has published more than 200 articles in Remo Software blog. He actively engages in research and problem-solving techniques to consistently generate great web content. Fixing various hardware problems on computer and storage devices along with a great knack for fixing Outlook errors, Tony is also the fun-time IT guy for all his work friends. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoys cycling.