Storage devices such as pen drives, hard drives, memory cards, flash drives, external hard disks, etc. play an important role in storing and portability of data. Majorly, we use a storage device to store our personal and official data such as videos, music files, office documents, pictures, etc. However, storage devices are sensitive and critical devices, which could easily be damaged and corrupted. Finally, this makes you lose vital data from these devices. In order to keep our safe and secure, we need to care of storage devices. Here are some do’s and don’t with storage devices are mentioned below. Just go through them one by one thoroughly and implement them to safeguard your devices as well as the data stored on them.
- Regularly scan your device with an updated antivirus tool that avoids your device being get affected by virus and malware threats
- Always keep the device in a sophisticated place that avoids falling and can safeguard it from small damages happening to it
- Always attempt for recover of bad sectors that avoid data loss
- Regularly keep on using a device or else it may not work as you use after a long period of gap
- Defrag device as and when you experience low performance of
- Delete unwanted files and save some space in them prior to facing storage space scarcity
- If the device is externally one then always use the safe remove option while ejecting them from connected systems
- Regularly format devices with the file system supported by your system
- Don’t store any virus-infected files and folders on them
- If devices are pen drives, memory cards etc then do not frequently insert and eject them as they aren’t recognized by the system when you connect
- Don’t connect devices to virus and malware-infected systems
By following the above explained dos and don’ts with storage devices, one can easily safeguard devices that get damaged and keep devices in a well-working condition. No matter how many instructions you follow few situations make you lose your vital data from them. In such situations, if that lost data is needed again then try the Remo Recover tool can efficiently get back whatever data lost from them in a couple of minutes. Using this tool, you can recover deleted MS office files from USB in a few minutes.