We take a lot of care while saving our photos still, many of us tend to lose those pictures. Either it might be accidental deletion or technical errors there’s nothing more painful than losing your old memories. Fortunately, that is not the end, recovering lost photos is not so complicated after all. Just scroll down and refer to them later section of the article to know real-time scenarios result in loss of photos and how easy it is to find and recover lost photos.
"It is complicated to recover different photo formats. However, with the help of Remo Photo Recovery software, you can restore images within few clicks. Integrated with advanced scan engines Remo Photo Recovery software can detect and recover more than 300 media formats. Integrated with the Deeps scan option, you can perform sector level scan and restore lost photos even the storage devices are inaccessible."
How can I Recover Lost Photos?
There are two ways you can recover lost photos depending on how the photos are lost. Following the two possible scenarios that result in photo loss.
Scenario 1: Accidental or intentional causes
- Deleted or permanently deleted photos
- Photos lost due to the simple formatted drive
- Photos lost while transferring the photos from one device to other
Scenario 2:Technical errors
- Corrupted storage drive
- Forced ejection of SD card from the digital camera
- Photos lost from Damaged hard drive
If the photos are lost due to scenario 1, you need a photo recovery software, that ensures to recover lost photos undamaged. So, be sure which photo recovery software you are using. If the photos are not lost but they became inaccessible due to technical errors like scenario 2. You can repair the drive and recover lost photos. Move to the later section of the article for the easiest method to recover lost photos.
“Built with intuitive graphical user interface Remo Photo Recovery software will provide you step by step instructions and automates lost photo recovery process. With the help of Remo Photo Recovery software, you can create a disk image and safeguard from any data loss”
How to Recover Lost Photos
As discussed in the previous section of the article you need a trusted and tested photo recovery software that recovers lost photos untouched. Such as Remo Photo Recovery software, designed with a self-explanatory user interface, Remo Photo Recovery software will help you in every step of recovering lost images. Remo Recover can also recover photos from the recycle bin. Also, learn how to restore the photos that are lost while system restoring.
Steps to Recover Lost Photos
- Download and install Remo Recover software on your computer
- From the main screen select the Recover Photos option
- You can see Storage Devices and Partitions/ Volumes connected to the computer
- Select the device from which you want to recover lost photos and click on Scan
- The data recovery software will scan and display recovered lost pictures or images
- Take advantage of the preview option and check the files are in intact or not
- Select the recovered lost pictures and click on save
- Mention the location where you want to save the recovered lost images
Additionally, This process not only recovers deleted photos, lost images due to formatting but also restores pictures that became inaccessible due to technical errors. Still, if you feel like going through the struggle of repairing the storage drive please refer to the next section.
How to recover Lost photos Using CMD
Before initiating this process remember that using CMD to find lost photos might be risky. Due to the fact making any mistakes will permanently erase the data. If you are a novice user it is strongly suggested to stick with the previous section. Remo Photo Recovery software will help you securely recover lost photos just within a few clicks. As for the instructions on recovering lost pictures using CMD are mentioned below
- Go to Start and search for cmd right click on cmd and select run as administrator
- Once in cmd type the command chkdsk “disk letter”/f press enter
- Type letter Y and press
- Type the “drive letter” and press enter
- Finally, enter the command attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and tap the enter key
- Check the disk from where you have recovered lost photos a new folder will be created with all you lost images.
With the help of this method, you can repair hard drive errors and recover lost photos. Under any circumstances, if this technique does not work for you, go to the previous section for a much easier and secure process.
This article will help you find and recover lost photos from camera or computer. However, if you miss any of the points here is a quick recap. There might be various reasons for the loss of photos but the unknown truth is that the photos are not permanently erased. You can restore lost photos with the help of photo recovery software. Nevertheless, if you use unprofessional software, your images might be damaged while recovering. Hence, make use of Remo Photo Recovery software and save yourself from any such issues.
Learn how to process in recovering the photos lost while transferring.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.