In this article, we are going to discuss the signs of SD card corruption. In other words, understanding whether your SD card is corrupted or not. So by knowing the symptoms of SD card corruption, we can safeguard our important data to avoid data loss crisis and also we can take immediate action to avoid the card corruption.
Let us see a few of the signs of SD card corruption.
- Most of the files from your SD card are missing
- The camera will just display a black screen, as a result, you won’t be able to perform take pictures or videos from it
- Unreadable SD card while trying to access the data saved on it. An error message encounters stating, Cannot read from the device
- CRC error while copying data from/to memory card
- Memory card errors while using your SanDisk SD card, Transcend SD card, or any.
- Format error after inserting the card to PC
- Once the card is detected on the system you can see that your card is empty
- System initialization failure
- Read-write failure
These are some of the symptoms of SD memory card corruption. There are a number of ways using which you can fix this card corruption. However, when it comes to your data on the card, it is always recommended you use a reliable SD card recovery software to safeguard your data from a damaged card and escape from data loss disasters. To avoid card corruption, you need to know the reasons behind it.
Utilize Remo Recover software to recover data from an SD card or Memory card error or corruption. Remo Recover software easily restores more than 300 file formats such as photos, videos, audio files, text files, Office files, etc. not only from the corrupt or damaged SD card of any brand but also from various external devices like pen drive, external hard drive, SSD, and many more.
Causes of SD card corruption:
- Virus/malware attack
- Using the same card on multiple systems often
- Abrupt removal card during the file transfer process
- Bad sector formation
- Mistakes or interruptions while changing card format
- Taking pictures or videos when the memory card is full
- File system error
So, if your card and its data are important to you then it required to maintain it properly.
Follow the below Tips to Avoid SD card Corruption or Damage
- Format the card as soon as you purchase it
- Instead of one big card, maintain multiple small cards
- Always safely eject the card
- Turn off the camera or phone before removing SD card
- Don’t use the same card on various devices
- Regularly scan your card to avoid virus infections
Hopefully, this article helped you to understand what makes SD card damage and how to know whether it is damaged. So from now maintain your card properly and if any of the symptoms found on your card then first save data to the safe location and then fix the card.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.