In this page, we are going to discuss the signs of SD card corruption. In other words, understanding whether your SD card is corrupted or not. So by knowing the symptoms of SD card corruption we can safeguard our data to avoid data loss crisis and also we can take immediate action to avoid the card corruption. Let us see few of the signs of SD card corruption.
- Most of the files from your SD card are missing
- Camera will just display a black screen, as a result, you won’t be able to perform take pictures or videos from it
- While trying to access SD card data, an error message encounters stating, Cannot read from the device
- CRC error while copying data from/to memory card
- Memory card is corrupt or memory card error while using the card
- Format error after inserting card to PC
- Once the card is detected on system you can see that your card is empty
- System initialization failure
- Read-write failure
These are some of the symptoms of SD memory card corruption. There are a number of ways using which you can fix this card corruption. However, when it comes to your data on the card, it is always recommended you to use a reliable SD card recovery software to safeguard your data from a damaged card and escape from data loss disasters. To avoid card corruption, you need to know the reasons behind it.
Causes of SD card corruption:
- Virus/malware attack
- Using the same card on multiple systems often
- Abrupt removal card during file transfer process
- Bad sector formation
- Mistakes or interruptions while changing card format
- Taking pictures or videos when memory card is full
- File system error
So, if your card and its data is important to you then it required to maintain it properly. For that follow the below tips
- Format the card as soon as you purchase it
- Instead of one big card, maintain multiple small cards
- Always safely eject the card
- Turn off the camera or phone before removing SD card
- Don’t use the same card on various devices
- Regularly scan your card to avoid virus infections
Hopefully, this article helped you to understand what makes SD card damage and how to know whether it is damaged. So from now maintain your card properly and if any of the symptoms found on your card then first save data to the safe location and then fix the card.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.