As you all know that a Windows Recycle Bin is a location or a folder where all the deleted files are stored temporarily. And the tool allows you to recover deleted files from it before files are permanently deleted.
However, when using Recycle Bin on Windows 10, you may receive an error message saying – “The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?”. When such error occurs, you might wonder to find a solution to fix or restore corrupted Recycle Bin and to restore lost files in case you have accidentally erased some files from your hard drive!
Well, here are your solutions…
Recovering files from a corrupted Windows 10 Recycle Bin folder
To get accidentally deleted files back, it is necessary to choose a professional file recovery toolkit for help.
Remo File Recovery Software
Remo File Recovery Tool is a reliable and free data recovery software for Windows 10/8/8.1/7, specialized in recovering lost or deleted files from Recycle Bin, hard drive, SD card, USB flash drive, memory sticks, etc. Most importantly, this software can quickly perform file recovery without bringing any damage to your files.
Now let’s see how to use Remo Software for file recovery when Windows 10 Recycle Bin get corrupt…
Caution – If you are encountering Recycle Bin corrupted issue in Windows 10, please stop performing any operation on your computer. Otherwise, the chance of data recovery will be less.
- Download and install Remo File Recovery Software on Windows computer
- Run the tool and select Recover File from the welcome screen
- Now, choose either Recover Deleted Files or Recover Lost Files followed by selecting the drive from where files have to be recovered
- The software starts scanning and a list of recoverable files will be presented
- Preview the required files and save them on any desired location (But not on the same drive from where the files have been recovered)
At times you may ask I couldn’t find my deleted pictures on Recycle Bin. What should I do to recover pictures from Recycle Bin? Don’t worry. Remo Photo Recovery Software is fairly powerful and easy that helps in recovering pictures.
How to fix/restore Recycle Bin
By following the above part, you may have recovered deleted files when your Recycle Bin is corrupted. Now, it’s the time for you to fix Recycle Bin corrupted issue. Here are some simple solutions to fix the issue.
Solution #1: Reset Recycle Bin Using Command Prompt
Actually, each partition on Windows has a hidden and protected system folder – $RECYCLE.BIN. When your Recycle Bin gets corrupted in Windows 10, you can repair or reset it using Command Prompt.
- In Windows 10, right-click Start and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type “rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin” and press Enter. This can reset the $RECYCLE.BIN folder on the C drive
Solution #2: Fix Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 in Windows Explorer
In addition to CMD, you can restore Recycle Bin in Windows Explorer. As mentioned above, the $RECYCLE.BIN folder is not visible by default. And you can see this folder if you use the Unhide option in the Folder Options tab. Now, unhide it before fixing the corruption. Follow the guidance below:
- Enter Control Panel to select Appearance and Personalization
- Choose File Explorer Options
- Under View tab, check Show hidden files, folders and drives, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Click OK button
- Go to Windows Explorer, open C drive to find the $RECYCLE.BIN folder
- Right-click this folder to delete it
- Repeat the step 5. Then, restart your computer and see whether Recycle Bin corrupted is fixed
Solution #3: Reinstall Windows 10 Recycle Bin
Besides, you can fix your Recycle Bin by reinstalling it. To do this,
- Right-click on Desktop to choose Personalize
- Then click Themes > Desktop icon settings
- Finally, check Recycle Bin and click Apply button
In the above section, we have shown you the error “the Recycle Bin on C:/ is corrupted” as well as its solutions. In addition, you may encounter other issues, for example, can’t find Recycle Bin and can’t open Recycle Bin.
No matter which Recycle Bin issue you have, the most important thing is to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin with Remo Software at first. After the data recovery, try to fix the issues.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.