Has anyone seen this? When trying to mount a dmg (disk image) file on macOS, getting the very odd error – “no mountable file systems”? Well, here’s what to do:
Mac systems are one of the best working systems in the world. But there are all chances that you can get a problem with Mac machines and you have to face mac error no mountable file systems issue anytime. The error “no mountable file systems” can cause Mac machine to work slow or give some unexpected problems. Many times due to these problems a Mac machine may crash. When this error occurs, you may not be able to access your hard drive or your Mac applications which you have installed on your system.
If you are facing Mac error no mountable file systems, then you don’t need to panic. If your mac system is running slow, not working properly or hard disk is inaccessible or you have mac data loss due to Mac error no mountable file systems, then we are giving you a fix to resolve your problem. We are providing here the complete guide to recover Mac data.
Mac error “no mountable file systems” can occur due to these reasons causing mac data loss!
The above-said error can be caused by various reasons creating a panic situation in your mind. Here are some few of them:
- Accidentally deleting any Mac files
- Power failure
- Read/Write operation interruption
- Unsupported data
- Virus attack
- Bios setting modifications
- Header file corruption
- Corruption of catalog files node
- Boot sector problem
- Issues in program installations, etc.
Fixing the error – no mountable file systems problem by Manual Method:
If you are facing Mac error no mountable file systems problem, follow these steps:
- In most cases, the downloaded dmg file is actually corrupt or had an error downloading. If possible, try downloading the dmg again, turning off any download assistant plug-ins you may have. You can try downloading the file in a different browser as well. Or if you don’t need to be logged in to the site to download the file and you want to be fancy, you can try curl -O url in Terminal to download the file.
- Reboot your Mac if you haven’t already tried that. Apparently, there is an issue sometimes after opening too many dmg files, that is fixed with a reboot.
- Try mounting the DMG on the command line in Terminal. We will at least get some sort of useful error message to go on if it still fails:
- Open Terminal: In Spotlight, the search magnifying glass at the upper right corner of your screen, search for Terminal, and press enter to open the Terminal app
- Type hdiutil attach into the terminal. Don’t press enter yet
- Drag the dmg file from your Finder window onto the Terminal window and let go. This will fill in the location of the dmg file into your Terminal window
- Press enter
- Think about if you have any kind of security policies on this machine to prevent writing to external drives (thumb drives, optical drives, etc.).
NOTE: Manual recovery method to fix Mac error no mountable file systems problem is never easy and you need to be technically sound to recover the Mac files through this method. Even a slight mistake can cause the huge problem to your Mac. So for a newbie, it is always recommended to go for Mac data recovery tool to get rid of mac error no mountable file systems problem.
Mac Data Recovery Software: Get rid of Mac error no mountable file systems using software
If you are suffering from Mac data loss, then Remo Mac data recovery Software can solve your problem. This is a simple, reliable and easy to use tool which will recover your lost Mac data in no time. This tool can recover corrupted Mac data from both external and internal drives. It scans the whole drive with its powerful algorithm and recovers all lost files and partitions very easily. You can easily use this tool to recover deleted or lost Mac files.
You can easily install Mac data recovery software on your system and use it without any technical knowledge. This software is built keeping in mind that user will not be a technical person. It is so easy and simple to use that a novice user can run it and get their Mac data back. The tool is also helpful in recovering data from damaged partitions of various file systems. For instance, if you are looking to recover files from HFS plus partition that has been damaged, you can make use of Remo Mac data recovery tool and get your job done in few simple steps.