Imagine watching your favorite movie, and the video keeps freezing regularly. Isn’t it annoying? The interruption can ruin the experience of streaming or watching a movie. Even when you try to seek the video sequence forward, you will still encounter the video freezing again.
If you are one of those people who is wondering how to fix video with no sound, freezing while playing, follow the steps mentioned below in this article. Let us first understand why videos get choppy or freeze every few seconds on Windows, Mac, Linux, or various other operating systems.
If you're dealing with a damaged video file that freezes due to underlying corruption, utilizing Remo Video Repair software is recommended. It is an effective tool specifically designed to fix video playback freezing issues caused by corruption. With just a few simple clicks, this utility can efficiently repair your videos.
- Why does my video keep freezing?
- How to Fix a Frozen Video Offline and Online?
- Method 1: Changing the resolution setting
- Method 2: Downloading the latest supportive Codecs
- Method 3: Update Graphic driver
- Method 4: Repair the freezing video using a VLC media player
- Method 5: Fix the video freezing issue using the Remo Video repair tool
- Steps to Repair Video Freezing Issue
- Method 6: Videos stuck while streaming online
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my video keep freezing?
Video can freeze due to various scenarios. In the below section, you will learn multiple reasons why you might encounter video freezing issue
- Incompatible Codecs – Codec is a vital element that encodes and decodes audio and video for the media player. If the media player is not updated with the supportive codec, you might encounter video freezing issues.
- Driver issues - Having outdated audio or video driver can cause multiple problems in video and audio playback. Sometimes a video might freeze while playing if the resolution is way more than what the driver or display adapter would support.
- Hardware limitations- Hardware issues or limitations could be mainly categorized into two types
a) RAM – Random Access memory defines the speed of the operating system and holds all the fundamental functionality of the operating system. If your computer does not have sufficient Random Access Memory to process the video, then you might face the video freezing issue.
b) Graphic card – As we all know, graphic cards control the display output. Having an outdated graphic card would cause video freezing-related issues.
- Corruption of the video file – One of the common reasons for video freezing is corruption in the video file. In some worst cases, the user may not be able to open the video file at all.
How to Fix a Frozen Video Offline and Online?
In this section, you will discover multiple solutions to resolve the issue of video freezing effectively. These hassle-free methodologies require only a few simple steps, making it effortless to fix the frozen video.
Method 1: Changing the resolution setting
In some cases, due to high video resolution, the user may experience erratic playback or freezing issue. But by changing the resolution setting to default, the video graphic setting compatible with your operating system and the issue can be resolved
- For QuickTime player on Mac, go to choose File > Export As, then choose an option from the Export menu. Choose the supportive resolution and save the file to your desired location
- For the VLC media player, Go to Tool, then Preferences, and Under Show settings, select All. Click on the inputs/codec tab on the left. Under Track Settings, click the Preferred video resolution drop-down list and choose the desired resolution.
Method 2: Downloading the latest supportive Codecs
Download the supportive and latest codecs from the internet. This may fix the playback errors of media players and fix the issue.
Verify the codec packs before downloading. If you miss out on any vital video element, the video becomes unplayable on the local storage and on the browser as well.
Fixing local storage videos can be efficiently done with the Remo Video Repair tool. But, browser video errors cannot be fixed using this software. Hence, you can know how to fix HTML5 video not properly encoded error to solve browser issues.
Method 3: Update Graphic driver
In case if you have not updated the graphic driver, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the Control Panel and click on the Device Manager option on the left-hand side.
2. Now, click on Display adapter, right-click on the graphic card option and choose Update driver.
3. Post updating, try to play the video file. If the issue is with updating the graphic card, this should fix the video stutter or freezing issue
Method 4: Repair the freezing video using a VLC media player
VLC media player is a versatile media player. The user can configure some playback functions that can solve the problem of freezing videos with just a couple of simple steps.
- Open Tools and click on Preferences in the VLC media player (You can also press Ctrl+P)
- Go to the Cache Values
- Change the Cache Values of File Caching (ms), Disc Caching (ms), and Network Caching (ms) on 1000.
- Alter the value of Skip the loop filter for H.264 decoding
- Change the value from “None” to “All” and in the same FFmpeg audio/video decoder settings, find Hardware decoding, and ensure the value is disabled.
- Go to the Video settings, and back to the left bottom corner and check the “Simple” option, then go to the Video section and Change the Video Output settings from Automatic to DirectX (DirectDraw)
Method 5: Fix the video freezing issue using the Remo Video repair tool
Are you having video freezing out of nowhere while playing? Repair any video freezing, broken index, corrupted codec, or other issues with Remo Video Repair Software.
One of the best Video Repair Tool designed to ensure a safe video repair process with working on a copy of a damaged video file. Within a matter of a few clicks, you will be able to watch any video flawlessly.
Steps to Repair Video Freezing Issue
- Download and Install the Remo Video Repair tool on your computer.
- Click on the Select File option to choose the corrupt video that needs to be fixed.
- After selecting the video file, click on Repair. And wait for the process to get completed, and once it is finished, the application will allow you to preview the video file using the Preview option for free.
- If satisfied with the repair results, click on the Save button to restore the video to any desired location of your choice.
Tips to Avoid video corruption
- Improper conversion of video files
- Downloading video files from a non-reliable source
- Abruptly termination or interruption of the video files while transferring
- Keep your computer free of viruses by using antivirus software regularly.
- Keep your hard drive safe from any bad sectors.
Method 6: Videos stuck while streaming online
If you encounter your video getting stuck while playing online through various online platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Hotstar, YouTube, and others, it could be due to the following reasons mentioned below.
- Slow Internet connectivity
- Faulty server connections
- Adobe Flash driver not updated
- The issue with the streaming platforms
In order to address the online streaming issue, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Check on internet connectivity
- Uninstall and reinstall adobe flash drive
- Close the streaming application during video freeze and restart it.
- Run the Video playback troubleshooter
If you still encounter the problem even after following all the above methods, then you will need a reliable Video Repair tool to fix your video freezing issue. Remo Video Repair is a video repair utility that can be used effortlessly.
Note: If you want to know more about how to fix videos that cannot be played online, then refer to this link.
The above article summarizes how to repair the video freezing issue effortlessly. By using Remo Video repair, you will not save time, but also regain the damaged video with the same original quality. If you have any further queries regarding the article, make use of the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Video stuttering during streaming depends on internet connectivity. It can be improved by taking a few key steps. Lowering the video bitrate can help reduce buffering and stuttering by decreasing the amount of data being transferred. Restarting your device can resolve temporary glitches that may be affecting streaming performance. Additionally, adjusting the video resolution to a lower setting can reduce the bandwidth requirement and enhance playback.
Buffering is the process of downloading data before playing a video, but if it takes too long, it can be frustrating. Slow buffering can be caused by factors such as insufficient bandwidth, too many devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network, or network issues on the device. To address this, you can try restarting the device, clearing the cache, and limiting the number of connected devices. Additionally, ensuring a stable network connection is essential for smoother video playback.
Videos freezing or stuttering in VLC can occur due to several factors, including outdated media players, bad frames, and unsupported codecs.