A zipped file indicates compressing large data and storing it in a folder to share it across the internet or to save it on the disk space efficiently. This technique enables users to save multiple files in compressed form which factually occupies less space and can be shared with ease.
Ways to fix ZIP file association with Windows:
There are multiple methods to fix ZIP file associations on Windows 10. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Fix broken ZIP file association using CMD
- Reset Windows Default Applications
What is ZIP file association? Why does it occur?
When people use third party tools like WinZip instead of Windows Explorer, the third party tool will be set as a default application to open and compress ZIP files. However, when you uninstall the third party application, you must make sure that Windows Explorers association with the ZIP file should be restored.
In this article we will be discussing how to fix the broken ZIP file association with Windows 10.
Method 1: Fix Broken Zip file association using command prompt
Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the ZIP file association with ease using command prompt.
- Enter the keyword cmd in the Type here to search button on taskbar.
- Right click on command prompt option and select Run as administrator
- Command prompt window will open.
- Type assoc .zip=CompressedFolder and click on Enter.
Method 2: Reset Windows Default Applications
In order to fix ZIP file association you can reset Windows applications by following the below mentioned steps:
- Enter the keyword Default apps in the Type here to search button on taskbar.
- Click on the Default app settings option that appears on the screen.
- Then click on the Reset option which tends to reset all default Windows applications.
Method 3: Choose file explorer as default utility
You can choose file explorer as a default program to access ZIP files. This can help you to fix broken ZIP file associations in Windows 10.Follow the steps mentioned below to opt file explorer as a default utility:
- Right click on the ZIP file you are trying to access and select open with option.
- Now, click on More apps and then choose File Explorer as a default option.
- Choose Always use this app to open ZIP files option and then press OK.
In case you come across any ZIP file corruption we recommend you to use the Remo ZIP repair tool which can not only help you to fix ZIP files but is also capable of fixing ZIPX files. This is also capable of fixing ZIP file with CRC errors, Header corruption and many more. Download the software now!!
How Remo Repair ZIP works?
One can follow the below mentioned steps to fix corrupted or damaged ZIP files effectively and efficiently. Remo ZIP repair tool is a user friendly tool where even a no voice user can download the software for free and retrieve data from ZIP or ZIPX files flawlessly.
- Download the Remo ZIP Repair tool and Launch it.
- Now browse and select the corrupted or damaged ZIP file you are trying to access and click on the Repair button.
- Repairing process is initiated.
- Once the process is complete one can preview the files and can download it by purchasing the licensed version.
Tips to Keep ZIP Files Healthy:
- It is recommended not to download ZIP files from unreliable sources.
- Authorized applications like WinZip to access ZIP files can help.
- Use a professional data recovery tool to recover lost data from the ZIP folder.
- Use a healthy storage media to save ZIP files.
- Ensure proper internet connectivity while downloading a ZIP file.