People might strike with lots of problems while using a laptop, like scratches on a laptop screen, spilled liquids on laptop, broken screen, damaged power cord, cracked laptop case, non-functional Cooling fan, and much more. In these cases, people go to replace their laptop instead of fixing the issue. Therefore, here I have listed out troubleshoot techniques to solve the laptop issues. So, go through this article and resolve your laptop issues on your own instead of replacing it.
Problem: Scratches on Laptop Screen
- Take a fresh lint-free cloth and dip in a water
- Clean the scratched areas
- Next, take one more lint-free cloth and wipe the affected area
- If scratches are light, then rub it with a pencil eraser. Wipe the scratch until it disappears
- In case scratches are deeper, then use petroleum jelly. First, put petroleum jelly into the scratch, then wipe away the excess using a lint-free cloth. Jelly will fill the scratches so that you can’t find any scratch on your laptop
Problem: Liquid Damage
If you have spilled liquid on your laptop, then do as follows-
- Shut down the laptop
- Next, remove any cables attached to it
- It is better to remove even battery from laptop, if possible
- Hold your laptop upside down. It will help you to drip out the liquid
- Then, use a dry towel to cover laptop keyboard overnight
- Next, use hair dryer over the keyboard for 15 minutes
Problem: Broken Laptop Screen
It is not possible to fix a broken screen on your own. You need to visit professional repair expert. But, you can get back your data from the broken laptop. Thinking, how? Here is the complete guide:
- Connect your laptop to the computer either using VGA socket or DVI socket. You will not get this socket in some laptop models.
- Use a compatible cable to attach laptop to external monitor
- And, once it is connected, copy all your files to an external drive
Once you get back your data, send your laptop for repairing the broken screen.
Problem: Damaged Power Cord
Many laptops have detachable AC Power cords, which you can buy from market or online. If you don’t want to buy a new cord, then below the procedure mentioned below to fix it on your own-
- Wrap damaged cord using electrical or duct tape
- You can even use silicone sealant to cover the damaged part of the cord
Problem: Cracked Laptop Case
- Clean your cracked laptop case and ensure that there are no broken pieces and dirt
- Then, wear a glove and mix the two components comes in Epoxy putty
- Take a long cylinder and roll down the putty until it turns to white or grey
- Now, put this mixture to broken part of your laptop case
- Then, take a bade to flatten it
It will help you to fill the cracked laptop case.
Problem: Nonfunctional Cooling Fan
- First, find out the area from which fresh and hot airs are passing
- Next, insert a plastic straw and remove all the dust from it
- Open the laptop case and blow away any dust if you find
- Make sure that anything has not stuck with your fan
- Then, rotate the blade with your finger
- If it is making noise while spinning, then you need to replace your fan
- Find a replacement fan
- Once you got your new fan, remove the old fan and its power connector
- Then, fix new fan carefully and attach all the needed cables back
Now, put the laptop case back and restart the laptop.
These are some common problems which can be fixed easily. But, you may also encounter some problems like a dead laptop, unmountable drive, corrupted HDD, etc. These problems are not easy to fix on your own. You need to take expert help to repair. But, by using Remo Hard Drive Recovery software you can recover data from dead laptop, unmountable laptop as well as corrupted drive easily with no help from external sources like service center.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.