Windows 10 sure comes loaded with some exciting new features. However, this doesn’t mean you are out of problems while working on the OS. Unfortunately, Windows 10 also brings with it some errors which hampers your work, sometimes. Getting stuck on the start screen with a message which says – “Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.” is one such annoying situation to endure.
You might try to boot Windows 10 when you get such an error message. But this just leaves you waiting for long, and nothing changes. Well, don’t worry. We will help you out with this issue. Here are few fixes you can try out to resolve the issue.
- Restart PC from Safe Mode
When your Windows 10 computer gets stuck with Repairing disk errors, you can try restarting your system from Safe Mode with networking. Mentioned here are the steps to go about it –
- Restart computer – hold the Shift key and select Power when sign in screen shows up, followed by clicking Restart
- After the computer restarts, and the screen Choose an option appears, select Troubleshoot – Advanced options – Startup Settings – Restart
- So when your PC restarts, you can find a list of options. Select F5 or 5 in order to start PC from Safe Mode with Networking
- Performing Startup Repair
To fix Windows 10 Repairing disk errors using Automatic repair option, you need an installation disk or USB to create a media creation tool for Windows 10.
- The first step now is to boot the PC from the installation media. When the manufacturer logo is shown, press F12 to enter boot menu, and set the PC to boot from the installation tool.
- In case you are unable to find boot menu, restart the PC, press Boot menu option key when Windows logo shows up
- Set the system to boot from CD / DVD ROM
- When a black screen with “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.” message comes up, press any key you like
- Select the correct time, and keyboard type and click Next
- Click Repair your computer
- Choose Troubleshoot >Advanced options > Startup Repair
- Check if you can boot Windows 10 normally
These fixes should resolve the issue and you can be back to working normally on your Windows 10 system. Well, these are not the only issues you might come across while working on your Windows PC. There are times when certain actions lead to data loss from your drive. For instance, if you have to recover data from formatted drive, corrupted drive, repartitioned drive, crashed hard disk, resized partitions, and so on, then you can make use of Data Recovery tool to get back all your files. Also, while fixing errors on Windows 10, if you happen to lose important files accidentally, then the tool comes handy to retrieve data.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.