While trying to access a file from IDM (Internet Download Manager), you have encountered “the file has been moved” error. Don’t know, what caused this? Well! no worries, it happens sometimes. Hence, here I have listed out techniques which will help you to get back your file which has been moved from IDM. Whatever might be the reason, using these methods it is easy to restore a file that is moved from Internet Download Manager.
Technique #1: Restoring Moved IDM File Manually
- Go to Internet Download Manager
- Navigate to Options->save to->temporary directory
- Copy the directory address, and paste to windows explorer address
- After pasting hit Enter
- Now, look for “DownloadData” folder
- And, open each file using “open with” until you find required file
- After finding required file, navigate to menubar> click Tools> view
- And, deselect ” uncheck and hide extensions for known file types”
- Again go back to your file and RENAME the file
If this manual method doesn’t help you to get required IDM file which is moved, then you have to use a third-party tool.
Technique #2: Recovering Moved IDM File using File Recovery Tool
There are many tools available in the market which will help you to restore files that are moved from hard drive or any other devices. I will suggest Remo Hard Drive Recovery software. It is advanced and reliable software for file recovery. It’s easy to use interface navigates you throughout the recovery process. Here is the complete guide to using Remo Hard Drive Recovery tool to get back your IDM file which has been moved:
- Download and install Remo Recover Windows Version
- Select respective option according to your need
- Pick the drive where you lost IDM files and click “Next”
- When software scans and displays recovered files, Preview them
- Finally, save it to any location of your choice
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.