When it comes to the system we use, there are a few things we are very particular about like, who sees our stuff. If somebody else is going to borrow your office laptop, we intend to get very insecure. And why shouldn’t we? After all, we would not want anyone surfing through our personal or official documents. This can set us at quite a risk and can be very unethical as well. So, what can we do if our system is being shared? Is there a solution or a way we can protect every important file or document from anyone or everyone’s prying eyes?
Well, the answer is pretty simple – all you need to do is hide all the important items that you want to protect from inquisitive eyes. You can start by hiding them from the Control Panel. But how do you go about doing so? If you want to know then continue to read on.
Hide Items from the Control Panel:
If you want to know the simple and easy way to start hiding items from the control Panel all you need to do is follow these simple steps. Now, remember you can go ahead and follow these steps if you are using Windows 7, 8 and 10.
1. Go to the Windows Start menu and in the search bar type Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel Window, go to the search tab and type in Edit Group Policy. The option comes under Administrative Tools.
3. Now click on Edit Group Policy. In the window that opens on the left side of the window, you get two options Computer Configuration and User configuration.
4. Under each of these is a series there is 3 types of Settings changes that you can do and they are, Software Settings, Windows Settings, Administrative Templates.
5. Here, click on Administrative Templates under User Configuration. When you click on it, on the right side of the window you get a list of settings. In that double click on Control Panel.
6. Now, again on the right side of the Control Panel window, you can select an item to view its description and make necessary changes.
7. In that again double Click on Hide Specified Control Panel Items.
8. In the new window that has opened, the top part of the window under the Hide Specified Control Panel Items you get three options and they are: Not configured, Enabled and Disabled. In that choose Enabled.
9. Once, you have selected enabled then below that on the left side of the window click on Show. When you click on Show another small window opens where you need to starting adding the folders you want to hide and then click OK.
Now that you have hidden all the important items from the Control Panel go ahead and close all the windows that were opened.
If you are using Windows 7 and while making these changes in the Settings, you end up losing or accidentally deleting few of your files then remember there is no need to panic. This is because there is a very reliable software to recover files from Win 7. All you need to do is click on the link given and get all the necessary help you need.