Most of us are familiar with external hard drives. They are storage devices that can store a large amount of data based on their storage capacities. External hard drives are normally used for backup purposes. But do you know that these external hard drives also have a Recycle Bin?
Yes, external hard drives do have a Recycle Bin just like Windows Recycle Bin or Mac Trash. But it is not generally visible as it is hidden by default. Here is an article giving you a complete tutorial on how to access Recycle Bin on external hard drive to delete and restore files quickly.
How to Access Recycle Bin Folder on External Hard Disk?
Follow the instructions below after connecting your external hard drive to view the Recycle bin files on it.
- Type Control Panel in the windows search box and open it.
- In Control Panel, select File Explorer Options.
- In the View tab, click on Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Now, uncheck Hide protected operating system files and click OK to access the Recycle bin on the external hard drive.
How To Delete Recycle Bin Files On The External Hard Drive?
If you are looking to delete Recycle Bin files on the external hard drive. First, perform the above method to access the Recycle Bin files and folders on external hard drive. And then you can delete Recycle Bin files based on your need.
Note: Don’t forget to connect your external hard drive to your computer for accessing and deleting files from it.
In some cases, you might not able to delete the Recycle Bin files due to unexpected errors on an external hard drive like Error Ox80070091. At such times you can take a backup of all your important files from the external hard drive and then format the drive.
In case if you have accidentally deleted some important files while deleting the Recycle Bin files or formatting the external hard drive. Then do not panic as your deleted files are recoverable using Remo Recover software.
Files deleted from External hard drive not in Recycle Bin?
In case, if the deleted or lost files are not existing in the external hard drive or Recycle Bin, then you need not worry! Utilize Remo Recover which is specialized software to recover deleted files from the external hard drive. This tool works with advanced data recovery algorithms to effectively scan and restore files from external hard drive not in the Recycle Bin or files emptied from Recycle Bin. Along with this, you can also make use of this tool to recover data from formatted or corrupted external HDD.
Steps to Recover Files from External Hard drive:
- Download and Install Remo Recover software on Windows or Mac and connect your external hard drive to it.
- Launch the tool and click the Recover Photos option and then select the external hard drive from which you want to recover files
Note: During severe data loss from an external hard drive due to formatting or corruption, select the Recover Partition option.
- Click the Scan option and after the scanning process completes, you will see all the deleted files on the screen in File Type View and Data View
- Now, select the files which you want to recover and click the Save option to restore them to the desired location.
Why Remo Recover software?
- This tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and its previous versions. And macOS like Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc.
- It can recover more than 300 file formats such as videos, photos, raw images, text, Office files, PDF files, audio files, and many more.
- The tool is built with a preview option that allows you to view the recovered files such as videos and photos for free before saving them.
- Supports data recovery from various internal and external storage devices such as external hard drive, pen drive, SSD, memory card.
Steps to Recover Files from External Hard drive
Download and Install Remo Recover software > From the main screen, click Recover Partition and then select the external hard drive on which deleted files > Now click Scan option and after the file recovering process ends, you will see all the deleted files on the screen > Now click Save option to restore the files formatted from the external hard disk on a location of your choice.
About Remo Recover software in Just 3 Points:
- This tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows including Windows 10, 7, XP, and many more.
- This data recovery software can recover more than 300 file formats like videos, photos, raw-images, text and pdf files, audio, etc.
- It has a preview option that allows you to view the recover videos and photos for free before saving them.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.