Registry is a database in Windows that contains information about list of hardware installed, user profile settings, and installed application on your computer. All these information is referred by Operating system while booting up each time. However, any corruption or damage to this information may encounter booting problem and some applications will not work properly. Actually, these registry files may get affect by virus and malware threats and results into registry file corruption. Therefore, it is a best practice to backup of registry files before facing any problems and with the help of this registry backup, you can restore them when your system’s registry gets corrupt.
Let us learn how to backup and restore registry files in Windows system
- Switch on your PC and connect any external storage device such as USB drive to your system
- Click start menu and click on the “Run” button
- In textbox type “Regedit” and press the Enter key
- Go to the “File” menu and select “Export“
- Provide path of connected external storage device and click on “Save” to create backup file
To Restore Registry Files
- Start the computer and connect the external storage where you have backup registry files
- Open the Start menu and click on the “Run” button
- Type “regedit” into the textbox and press “Enter”
- Now go the File menu and choose “Import” option
- Provide the path of backup of registry file and then click Open
- Now, backup registry file will restored to your system
You can easily backup and restore registry file whenever required by following the above-mentioned steps. However, sometimes you may come across Windows registry errors and due to which your system performance has become slow. If you are facing this type of situation in your system, then don’t worry because Advanced Remo Repair Registry tool can fix all raised errors related to registry and increases system performance simultaneously.