Most of you might have lost your important data from your Windows machine either unintentionally or sometimes intentionally delete the files thinking them as unimportant and then regret. In these situations backup could be used to restore the files back. Even though people know that it’s important to backup their data, many do not bother. Only when they lose files they realize the importance of backing up the files. It’s just a few step procedures to backup your Windows machine data. You can back up your computer and create a disk image which allows you to restore your files in a few minutes when you lost your data.
Here are few simple steps to backup your Windows machine, read below:
- Attach an backup drive to your computer, it can be a USB external hard drive) make sure that the it contains sufficient space to accommodate backed up data , it’s good if it has twice as much space as your computer, so that you have room for multiple backups and hence you have room for all the data you might get in the future
- Go to Start button, and type backup in the search box, from the list of search results choose the “Backup and Restore” option
- Now, click on the “Set Up Backup” option and select “Next” to back up files, programs and settings
- In the “Where do you want to save the backup?” box select the external hard drive or the drive used to save the backup from the “On a hard disk” section, then click Next
- Choose all the drives that you want to include in the backup and hit “Next”
- Then on the “Confirm your backup settings” page just click the “Start backup” button, then wait for Windows to complete the backup
Now, your entire Windows machine will be backed up completely. Isn’t it simple? Likewise you can create as many backups as you need. In case your back up drive (device used to take backup) runs out of space, the older backup files will be deleted. At times, if you have added new files to your Windows and forgot to backup then you might lose those files in data loss situations as they were not backed up. In such instances you can make use of the Remo Recover (Windows) tool and restore your data within minutes even if it is not backed up.
- The backup drive used for saving the backup should be formatted
- You need to backup Windows regularly