Even though the computers are designed to boot from internal hard drive by default, user can change the boot order sequence to boot the system from other device such as external hard drive, pen drive and other USB devices. Before you perform the booting process of computer through USB device, you should access the BIOS Setup Utility and change boot order sequence. In order to change boot order sequence follow below mentioned steps.
- Turn on your computer by switching-on the power button. Follow all the on screen instructions carefully to enter into the BIOS setup utility. Most PC’s use keys like F2, F10, ESC or DEL etc to enter into the BIOS setup
- In BIOS setup utility, looks for a tab labeled as “Boot Order”, “Boot Options” or “Boot.” Utilize PC’s keyboard arrow to navigate through the tab
- Choose the Boot Order tab and change boot order sequence by selecting Removable Drives or USB Device. Use arrow keys to navigate boot order sequence
- After choosing, press the “Enter” key on your keyboard. Now your PC will boot from the USB device first
- After modifying the Boot Device Order, press “F10” to save those settings and exit from the BIOS Setup Utility. Click on “Yes” on the confirmation window, the moment you do this operation the computer will restart and allows the computer to boot up as normal
- Shut down the system
- Connect your USB drive to the computer
- Now start the system. It will recognize the USB device and boot from it
Above-mentioned steps guide you systematically about what should do before booting from USB device in simple way. After following all these steps you can easily boot system from connected USB device without any struck in between the booting process. In case while performing these step by accidentally made any unfavorable changes to existing OS and come across problem with booting the system then do not worry about data stored on it because using Remo Recover Windows tool you can easily restore all lost data in few minutes.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.