File system is used for operation system to organize and keep track of files stored on hard disk. It allows allocates memory space to store files on hard disk. File system such as FAT, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT all are having different file system architecture and allocation of memory is different. Therefore, user often would like to change their existing file system from lower version to higher version i.e. lower version to higher version. However, there is high proficiency to lose data while performing file system conversion. Therefore, here I am suggesting a method, which performs file system conversion without losing data.
Method to convert FAT32 to NTFS file system without losing data
- Initially note down the name of the drive which you wish to change its file system
- Click on start
- Open Command Prompt Window
- Execute chkdsk h: /f and hit Enter; here h is the letter of the drive to undergo conversion. This command checks the drives for errors and fixes them automatically
- Now execute Convert H: /FS: NTFS and press Enter
- The command prompt will start the conversion process and after a few minutes, CMD will say that conversion was successful
- Finally, you can make sure of file system is weather changed or not by checking properties of that drive
However, above-mentioned methods are safe in converting existing file system to other. But, still there are chances of losing data while performing this process. In case if you provide wrong command and execute it then it results in loss of data. Similarly, if you also lost data and wishing recovering them then use Remo Recover Windows application. This tool proficiently recovers lost or deleted data from partition while converting existing file system to other. In addition, this is extreme tool to perform deleted NTFS partition recovery on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista including Windows XP, Windows 2003 and 2008.