I don't want any app to be open in the background. I am trying to address my battery drain and performance issues since this is one of the issues that lead to such Android phone issues. How can I close the Android apps that are running in the background of my Android phone?
Yes, it’s true! Apps running in background would lead to battery draining and other performance degradation issues on your Android phone. Actually in Android OS, once you launch an app, it will continue to run in the background, even after you’ve left it and moved on to other tasks. If not all but most of the Android apps have such functionality to run in background. Once quite a number of apps are opened in a session your phone battery keeps draining away and even your phone would slow down in its speed as numerous open apps are using your device’s memory.
Here is the complete procedure to close the unwanted background applications running on your Android phone. Continue Reading...
- Go to the Recent Applications Menu on your Android phone and Launch it. To get this menu on HTC - Tap the home button twice, on Samsung Galaxy S4 - just long press on the Samsung Galaxy S4’s physical button, and on Nexus 5 - you can just tap an on-screen button.
- In that menu, you will be able to find the applications that were run recently
- Then select the apps that are not needed and you want to close them from the list by scrolling up from the bottom
- Then just tap and hold on the application and swipe it to the right; doing this will kill the process from running and free up some RAM
- In case your phone is still running slow then just navigate Settings option in the phone and then to the Apps tab
(Note: On Samsung phones, this menu is called “Application Manager”)
- Check out the apps that are still running by tapping on the Running tab
- Now, return to the “All apps” tab, and then scroll to the application(s) that are / is still running and just click on it.
- Now, tap “Force Stop” to kill the process
With this all your unwanted background apps running on your Android phone will be closed. However, this seems to be quite a tedious process and also this has to be regularly because as new apps are launched newer background apps will be begun. Instead you can just make use of an excellent app called Remo MORE that can easily terminate all the unwanted apps that are open in just one-click and enhance Android phone battery life. Moreover, it is a freeware and would terminate the apps automatically free up the device’s memory.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.