lots of features which are offered by this application that ease editing your favorite pictures. One of the most useful and attractive features of Photoshop application is coloring a black and white photo. There are several of applications which allow you to color a black and white photo, but the range and the preciseness which is obtained by Adobe Photoshop is incomparable to any other application.
Steps to color black and white photo in Photoshop
Step 1: First install Adobe Photoshop on your computer, launch the application and open the photo which you want to color. For this just open the Photoshop application and click on File -> Open- > then just browse to select the photo to be colored or just launch Photoshop application and drag the image file into Photoshop
Step 2: Enter into “Color Mode” by selecting the “Image” option from the upper toolbar and choose Mode > make sure that there is a check on RGB color
Step 3: Simple way of adding color to a black and white image is by using “Blending Modes”. However most of the user creates dozens of layers with single blending mode, but here rather than creating more layers you can accomplish the task by creating a single layer group with group blending mode.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + N to create new layer (you can see the layer panel in left hand side of the window)
- Select the new layer and press Ctrl+Shift+G to group the new layer
- Click on the new group layer and set the Blending Mode to “Color” (You can find “Blending Mode” in the pull down tab which is under “Layer” panel.)
Step 4: Select the newly added layer and add the color by using any of the below two methods-
- Select the object in the photo which you desire to color by using Lasso Tool or by using Pen Tool. These tools will roughly outline the object and after its completion you can add color into it either by Bucket fill or by navigating through “Edit > Fill”, here select the color under "Use“ option
- You can make use of “Brush Tool” to paint the photo by pressing B, and then right click on the image to get Brush Tool configuration menu
- For this just select Soft Round -> Foreground Color area from the toolbar-> Color Picker, move the soft round to pick the color and press OK.
- Now move the mouse by holding left click button of your mouse in order to color objects that you wish to be colored
These were some of the ways by which you can accomplish your task by using Adobe Photoshop; however some of the users may find it difficult in using this application because this program is equipped with much advanced features. Eventually due to many advanced features users may at times inappropriately use the application which results in corruption of photos. But don’t worry, if your Photoshop file is corrupt because using Remo Repair PSD tool that can easily repair corrupted Adobe Photoshop file with all its layers and color modes intact.