PowerPoint is presentation software developed by Microsoft as part of its Office Suite, which lets users to combine both text and graphics to deliver onscreen presentations. It consists of slides containing info associated with a particular topic and is used by corporate trainers, students, teachers, etc. to create presentations. These PowerPoint files consist of slides containing text, graphs, animations, photos and excel spreadsheets. Most of the times, while dealing with this file, you may need to embed video in it but may not know how this can be done. In such cases, do not worry; here is a complete detailed procedure for embedding a video from your clip art collection, linking to a video file and finally linking to a video online.
The process of embedding video in PowerPoint has 3 methods, let us discuss one by one:
Method 1: Embed a Video from a file
- Choose the slide you want to use: Click on the slide which you want to embed the video in, open it in the main screen.
- Click on the arrow next to the Video option: Video option is available on the Insert tab and click on the small download arrow to the right of the button.
Note: Video button comes within the Media group of the Insert tab.
- Select video from file: If you click on download arrow next to Video button, you will be presented with many options. For this step, video from file is needed. After clicking this option, you will see a dialog box “Insert Video”.
- Click on the Insert button: There is a button namely Insert, which is available at the lower right corner of the “Insert” video dialog box. Click it to embed the file into the slide.
Method 2: Link to a Video file
- Choose the slide you wish to use: Choose and open the slide you wish to embed the video in by clicking on it
- Click on arrow next to the video option: On the Insert tab you will see a video option and click on the download arrow next to the Insert button. The Video file is located within the Media group of the Insert tab.
- Select video from file: If you click on download arrow next to Video button, you will be presented with many options. For this step, choose video from file. After clicking this option, you will see a dialog box “Insert Video”.
- Navigate through your files within dialog till you get the video file wish to link to. Click on the file to select it and click on “Favorite Links” option which is seen at the top of the drop-down menu.
- Select the Link to file option: You will see Insert button in the lower corner of the dialog box. Just click on the downward arrow next to this button and choose Link to File from the drop-down menu option. It will insert the file into your active slide.
Note: If you embed the video, it will be added to presentation file and will not alter within presentation even when the original file changes. When you link the video, you can link to the file on your system. In case you change the location of video file, PowerPoint file cannot find it.
Method 3: Link to an online video
- In case you plan to employ copyrighted content, you have to take approval from the owner before you use video in your presentation.
- Choose the slide you wish to use: You can select the file, edit it and Click on the slide you wish to add the video in it to open it in the main screen.
- Locate the video online: Now, open the Internet browser and move to the website which hosts your preferred video. There you will find the location of the video.
- Copy the embed code by clicking on Ctrl +C on your keyboard. Or else, right click on the chosen code and select Copy option from the menu.
- Video option is available on the Insert tab and click on the small down arrow to the right of the button.
- Click on the download arrow next to the Video button, you will be presented with many options just choose video from website
- Paste the copied code by right clicking inside the embed code and select Paste option from the menu or press Ctrl + V to paste the copied code.
- Just click on Insert option, now you will see internet video in the active slide of your presentation.
By following the above listed procedures you can successfully embed a video into your PowerPoint slide and make your presentation more descriptive and attractive. However, in the process a small mistake may corrupt your PowerPoint file. Under such circumstances just use Remo Repair PowerPoint tool and repair PowerPoint Presentation like PPT / PPTX file easily and securely along with all its data intact.