Mavericks OS X is new operating system for Mac computers with 10.9 version but still much looks like Mountain Lion. Nowadays most of the people across world are utilizing Mavericks OS X in their personal and office laptops \ computers due to its outstanding features such as enhanced support for multiple displays, storage and security features, built in password generation, inactive memory compression, iCloud Keychain, etc.
Well, at times, you may find some uncertainties and decide to reinstall your Mavericks. Normally you don’t need to erase your disk to reinstall Mavericks OS X. This is because it has been designed in such a way that one can easily perform installation while troubleshooting. Just in case, if the user is transferring or shifting system to new owner then you may need to erase and reinstall the Mavericks. In such cases, just make use of Disk utility to erase and reinstall Mavericks.
Note: Before you proceed towards erasing and reinstalling process, backup significant files in external storage device.
Guidelines to Erase and Reinstall Mavericks OS X:
- Initially user needs to be connected to the internet before starting the process of reinstallation
- Select Apple menu -> Restart, and then simultaneously press down R key and command (⌘) while computer restarting
- Next choose the option Disk Utility and then click on Continue button
- From left side of the screen select startup disk and then click on Erase tab
- Then in the Format menu, go for Mac operating system extended and then type a name as of your wish on drive. Next click on Erase option.
- After erasing disk, select the option Disk utility and exit it
- If you are connected with internet, then just select the network from Wi-Fi menu in the right corner of screen
- The last and final step select Reinstall Mac OS X, then click on continue and just follow instructions on screen
Erase and reinstall of Mavericks OS should be carried out with much care. If you haven’t taken back up before performing the Mavericks re-installation process then you may lose all your data from hard disk. But luckily, the lost data can be easily recovered by making use of any trusted data recovery tool, and one such reliable and most preferred tool is Remo Recover (Mac) software. The tool can easily recover data after reinstalling Mac OS X Mavericks in just few minutes with utmost care.
Tony Landry is a Web Content Editor at Remo Software. He loves to write, edit, and manage content for users trying to troubleshoot and fix problems on Windows, Outlook, storage drives and Cloud storage networks.
He has published more than 200 articles in Remo Software blog. He actively engages in research and problem-solving techniques to consistently generate great web content. Fixing various hardware problems on computer and storage devices along with a great knack for fixing Outlook errors, Tony is also the fun-time IT guy for all his work friends. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoys cycling.