Ever since DSLR cameras have become easily accessible to a lot of people, it is common to see tons of great quality images on the internet. These images are of course stored on SD cards in most cameras.
Imagine you have just returned from a fantastic team outing. You were assigned the job of clicking great pictures with a DSLR camera. You return home, insert the microSD card into the system. Unfortunately, the system returns an error “The disk in the drive is not formatted”. You are disheartened thinking about what happened to data within your microSD card.
The error displayed could be a result of corruption on your microSD card. Here are few common reasons for corruption:
- Removing your card abruptly from the camera while you are viewing the photos or in the middle of a copy process.
- If you accidentally formatted your memory card. System or camera asks you if you want to format the card before use. If you had pressed yes, the entire data would be deleted.
- A power surge in the middle of copy process between the card and your system can cause file corruption in your microSD card.
- If the microSD card is infected by a virus, some of the files could get deleted. It can lead to inaccessibility of card.
Recover data using Remo Recover software
Remo Recover is an excellent tool to restore all your data on the microSD card. It is extremely simple to use and can easily retrieve all kinds of files from your memory card.
Remo Recover has the capability to restore RAW images as well. Recover data from raw sd card using a few simple steps.
If you had recorded videos on your DSLR camera in MOV format, they cannot be accessed if files are corrupted. If you had accidentally pressed that format button to get rid of the viruses, that you felt, were the reason for corruption, entire data within the card will be deleted. It can be accessed only if you do not overwrite onto the microSD card.
Remo Recover is one of the best tools to restore MOV files from formatted sd card.
The software can recover data from lost/deleted/formatted/re-formatted partitions as well. This recovery tool supports recovery from all hard drives, USB drives, external hard drives, memory cards (SD, XD, MMC, Memory stick and so on).
Once the recovery process is complete, you can preview the recovered data using Preview option. If you are content with all the data that has been recovered, you can save them to a destination folder of your choice.
Format your microSD card
Now that your data has been successfully recovered, you can format your card for future use.
Here’s how you can go about it:
- Insert your microSD card into your system directly (if there is a slot) or using a card reader.
- The system shows a prompt that reads “The disk in the drive is not formatted” and asks you to format the drive. Click Yes. A format removable disk window opens.
- Click File System drop-down list and select the file system with which you want to format the microSD card. If you are planning to use it with Windows, select NTFS. If you want to use it with Mac or Linux, select FAT32.
- You can give a volume name for microSD card in Volume Label field. Check Quick Format option and click Start.
- A warning message appears that all data on the drive will be lost. Click Ok. Windows takes few minutes to format your microSD card. Click Ok once format finishes and then click Close to exit the window.
You can now use the microSD card in your camera to capture pictures and videos!
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.