Are you wondering how to fix corrupted recycle bin? Usually, when a Recycle bin is corrupted, you encounter the error message “The recycle bin on C: is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin?".
If you come across a situation like this, it is important for you to understand that you will not be able to completely empty the Recycle Bin or erase any particular file.
Even, if you are attempting to restore the temporarily deleted files from the bin, the error makes it impossible for the temporarily deleted files to be recovered.
This error will show up to indicate that the Recycle Bin is corrupted, whenever you try to access the Recycle bin. Fortunately, this article will help you understand how to fix a corrupted recycle bin in Windows 10, 8, or any other version.
Causes for Corruption in Recycle bin
- DLL system error or corruption in the system files: Dynamic link library is a necessary component of a particular program or application. This library consists of files that are necessary for the basic functioning of any program. Without the respective .dll files even Recycle Bin cannot run properly.
- Incompatible BIOS: BIOS updates are mandatory for smooth operating of any system, if you have an incompatible BIOS it can result in corruption of the Recycle bin.
- Outdated drivers - Improperly configured, damaged or outdated drivers can result in the corruption of the Recycle bin.
In the section below, let us understand the hassle-free methods on how to fix corrupted recycle-bin.
How to Fix corrupted Recycle bin?
The below section has two methods which will help you fix the corrupted recycle bin
Method 1: Fix Corrupt Recycle Bin using Command Prompt
1. Open Command Prompt, you can right-click Start menu and then choose Command Prompt (Admin)
2. Type rd /s /q C: \$Recycle.bin and press Enter
Note: Replace the letter “C” with your primary partition letters accordingly and restart the computer.
In case, if the above method fails to fix the corrupted recycle bin, then follow the methodology mentioned below to fix the corrupted Recycle bin
Method 2: Reinstall the Recycle Bin
1. Open Control Panel, Go file explorer option
2. Click on View Tab option
3. Uncheck system protected operating files and Open each drive/partition
4. You will see bin and recycle.bin (permissions)
5. Delete permissions on each drive
6. Restart the computer and Right-click on Desktop
7. Choose Personalize option and Click on Themes
8. Select Desktop Icon settings from Related Settings
9. Select the checkbox Recycle Bin
10. Click on Apply button and then tap OK
After fixing the troubleshooting issues in the Recycle Bin, you will be able to access it effortlessly. But during the process of repairing the corrupted Recycle Bin, the deleted data residing on the bin might be permanently erased including your accidentally deleted files.
If you wondering how to restore deleted files from Recycle Bin, you will need the help of professional data recovery software like Remo Recover.
Remo Recover is a reliable data recovery tool that can recover lost or deleted data from the Recycle Bin effortlessly. The tool is programmed with advanced scanning algorithms that can easily retrieve data of any file format from the Recycle Bin. By following the simple steps in the section below, you can restore the required files effortlessly.
Steps to Recover Deleted files from Corrupted Recycle bin
- At first download Remo Recover tool and install on your system successfully
- Launch the tool to start Recycle Bin recovery process
- Main screen appears with options, you choose File Recovery
- In next screen select Deleted File Recovery and follow further instructions
- Now choose the physical drive (Drive C:) from which you wish to recover recycle bin files
- Click Next and choose file types you wish to recover
- Once scanning of hard drive and recovery process gets over successfully, you can preview recovered files in File Type View or Data View format