It's an annoying situation for any Mac user to encounter startup disk full issue on Mac computers. These kinds of issues are quiet normal and you don’t have to get worried as the issue can be solved in very easy and simple method. The major cause behind the issue is accumulation of more junk files and file system errors associated with startup disks.
After working on your Mac for long time it’s obvious that you might have loaded the computer with loads of media files such as photos, movies and other files such as applications, documents etc. In addition, there are many other files which will be accumulated internally without your knowledge i.e. logs and junk files such as user logs, system logs, system cache files, internet browser cache files, user cache files etc. but, you never bother to clean Mac memory and remove unwanted or useless files.
Due to this, your Mac startup gets clogged and leads to error message stating “Your startup disk is full”. How to fix such issues on Mac? In order to fix Mac startup disk full issue you have to remove logs and junk files from the startup disk. However there is no harm in removing these files because they are no longer part of the system, but one thing which you have to ensure while removing the files is to remove only the junk files from Mac as there will be accidental deletion due to human error.
- Trash occupies some amount of space on your startup disk thus removing or emptying files from trash can also help you free up space
- Search for unwanted data across your computer and remove them permanently
- Move or offload your important data from Mac computer to external storage devices such as USB drives external hard disks etc.
- Checkout recent downloads in your download folder and remove unnecessary downloaded files
- To clear cache click on Finder app and hold down option key then click on Go option. From user library folder find cache folder and delete it
- Uninstall unnecessary program from your computer
The above mentioned are some of the commonly practiced methods by which one can fix startup disk full issues on Mac. These steps will work in almost all the times but sometimes there are chances of deleting the vital files from Mac and the process has to be accomplished on regular basis. Its quite a time consuming and hectic process. Instead you can just make use of Remo MORE tool which can easily solve the issue within minutes. In just one single click it can effortlessly delete junk files Mac and fix all performance issues on your Mac machines.