Outlook is the widely used email application that allows you to send and receive messages, manage calendars, etc. But in some cases, you might encounter multiple errors in Outlook; one such error is “0x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network”. Due to this error, you cannot send or receive emails in Outlook.
If you are encountering “cannot connect to the network” after upgrading Windows 10 or due to any reason. Stick till the end of this article to know what happens if you encounter Outlook error 0x800ccc13 and how to fix it using reliable methods.
Causes for Outlook error 0x800ccc13
Before we jump into the solutions, it’s necessary to know the causes behind this Outlook error 0x800ccc13. Here are some of the reasons why you cannot connect to the network.
- When your system is infected by a virus attack, it not only impacts your system performance but also damages your PST file. This can result in Outlook error 0x800ccc13.
- Sudden shutdown of the computer while working on Outlook may cause Outlook cannot connect to the server.
- If you have upgraded the Windows operating system.
- Incompatible add-ins can make Outlook inaccessible and cause issues connecting to the network or modem in Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019.
What happens when you encounter Outlook error 0x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network?
Here are some of the symptoms that indicate Outlook error 0x800ccc13.
- Cannot send and receive emails from your Outlook application.
- Unable to save changes in Outlook PST
- You cannot access Outlook data files
- Sudden deletion of Outlook items like calendars, contacts, notes, etc.
- Difficulty in opening MS Outlook.
How to Fix Outlook error 0X800CCC13 - cannot connect to the network?
For a reported error “0x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network” can occur due to various reasons as mentioned above, here are 4 solutions using which you can fix this issue with ease.
i) Using Windows File checker
Windows file checker is an effective tool used for repairing corrupted system files that might have caused Outlook error 0x800ccc13. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the Outlook error.
- Close your Outlook application
- Right-click on the Start button and type Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. (Note: There is a space in the command)
- Wait for some time for the process to complete. After the process is completed, restart your computer and then open Outlook
ii) Update Outlook
Due to the obsolete Outlook version, Outlook can pop up sending reported error 0x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network. Updating Outlook can be the most effective method to troubleshoot this issue in Outlook. The process of updating Outlook is pretty simple and it includes the following steps.
- Open any Microsoft application such as Microsoft Word
- Click on File and then click on the Account option
- Select the Update Option under Product Information
- Now, click on Update Now
iii) Start Outlook in safe mode
The Outlook safe mode feature helps to resolve the network connectivity issues. Generally, it helps the email program open with a limited set of features and moreover, it blocks any extensions that might obstruct the troubleshooting. If the error doesn’t solve then it might be an issue in Add-in.
- To start Outlook in Safe mode, press Windows and R keys together
- Now type-in Outlook/safe in the Run window and click OK
- Then check if Outlook error 0x8000ccc13 pops on the system or not.
iv) Using Remo Repair Outlook
If you are unable to resolve the error using the above methods, Remo Repair Outlook PST provides a simple solution to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc13.
The repair tool has an extremely easy-to-use user interface enabling first-time users to repair and recover all their Outlook PST file data with ease including error 0x800CCC13: cannot connect to the network.
Remo Repair Outlook software employs a non-destruction mechanism to safely repair your damaged or corrupt PST file. First up, it reads the file, extracts all the contents, and then creates a healthy file by fixing all the issues. Your original PST file is not affected in any way. All your Outlook PST file attributes are recovered.
Watch this video to know more about how to use Remo Repair Outlook (PST) tool
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.