Everyone wants a smooth functioning of their hard drives and computers. USB drives are among the most often used storage media to transfer data between two systems. There are times when you get an error after inserting your pen drive. This is what the error reads:
“There’s a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it.”
One of the reasons for this error is due to improper ejection of your USB drives or other removable media from your system. It is advised to always use the Eject option to unmount USB drive.
Let us explore the solutions to this issue:
- Use Eject Option
As discussed earlier, use the Eject option on your system to safely remove your USB drive or other removable media devices.
- Click on the up-arrow on the right of your taskbar.
- Now right-click USB drive’s system tray icon.
- Choose Eject option on the USB drive’s context menu. Now remove the drive.
- Using Quick Removal Option
The Quick Removal option on Windows can be used to get rid of “There is a problem with this drive…” error.
- Click on Windows button. In the search bar, type device manager and hit Enter. In the search results, select Device Manager.
- Once the Device Manager window opens up, click Disk drives.
- Now right-click on the USB drive to open its context menu.
- Now select Properties. Click on Policies
- Select Quick removal option on that tab and press OK to apply the setting.
- Scan the drive
If you are getting the above error despite using Eject option, the drive might be corrupted. It is time to scan the drive and check for errors.
- Press Windows + E buttons to open Windows Explorer window.
- Right-click on the USB drive and select Properties.
- Now click on Tools.
- Click Check option under Error checking.
- Error checking window opens up. Click Scan and repair drive.
Data Recovery with Remo Recover software
If none of the above methods worked, do not worry. You can recover all the data from your USB flash drive or any other removable media using Remo Recover software. You can easily backup the data to a different media device and format the drive to get rid of all the errors.
The data recovery software works on all kinds of hard drives, USB flash drives, memory sticks, FireWire drives and can recover several different file types. If the file type you are searching for is not listed by the software, you can always add it using the raw signature search option.
The file systems supported by Remo Recover include FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, and ExFAT.
The software has powerful scanning algorithms to recover all the lost or deleted data. Once the files are recovered, you can view them through Preview feature.
You can sort the recovered files based on name, date, size and file type.
Remo Recover is the perfect data recovery software for external hard drive not detected scenario.
With a simple user interface, the data recovery tool helps you recover all your data in a safe and effective way.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.